The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some new friends to fish with in the Boyd, Greenup, County area.:big_smile:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chief.Not a lot of us here in the eastern part compared
to the western part of the state.I am about a mile from Greenup county line.Fish the dam a bit.
Jake

·
Registered
107 Posts
i dont at this time know where Greenup is in Ky. but sounds like you mite be having some fun at that dam catching some cats...I live in Shelby Co. Ky. and close to Taylorsville Lake...Where do ya fish, what river or Lake is it?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jake, you ever fished the Little Sandy

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I'm looking for some new friends to fish with in the Boyd, Greenup, County area.:big_smile:
You're in the neck of my woods Brother. I live in Flatwoods and usually fish the Ohio river from the bank. We'll have to get together sometime!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Back in the 1960's spent a lot of nights fishing the Little Sandy in the Greenup area but not in years.
Greenup is in north eastern Kentucky on the Ohio river.
Jake

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Back in the 1960's spent a lot of nights fishing the Little Sandy in the Greenup area but not in years.
Greenup is in north eastern Kentucky on the Ohio river.
Jake
We gotta hook up when the weather breaks! My back is a little better now. I have cabin fever bad!!!
I also lost your phone #. Thought I had it but I don't...:embarassed:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, John drove out Greenbo today, lake looks good never catfished there. and I'm up the river in Catlettsburg.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Hey, John drove out Greenbo today, lake looks good never catfished there. and I'm up the river in Catlettsburg.

I usually do good for eater channels in Greenbo. If I had a boat I think I might be able to locate some flatheads in there.
We'll have to hook up sometime soon and wet a line. I mainly bank fish the ohio river. Do pretty good sometimes there. I have several spots I fish at.
I come up to catlettsburg to dig green worms a few times during the spring/summer.
Anytime you wanna hit Greenbo, let me know and we'll go!:wink::big_smile:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fish alot at the old lockwalls on the Bigsandy, deepwater there.:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A lot of channels, with the flat every now and then.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
We'll have to hook up sometime. We live pretty close to each other. You ever fish at the Greenup L&D? I go there to get skippies & Shad whenever their running.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John, Just yell my way anytime you would like to go, and I'm there.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can only clean my gear so many time my wife says i'm crazy and my computer fishing game just not cutting it.:eek:oooh:

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
I can only clean my gear so many time my wife says i'm crazy and my computer fishing game just not cutting it.:eek:oooh:
LMAO!!! I know what you mean, I've had my gear ready for a while and been wanting to get out badly. I've only made 1 cat trip this year and got skunked and 1 trout trip and did pretty good.
You bank fish or boat?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bank, the only fishing I have ever done from a boat is at work. thats were i am now and watching the weather .:smile2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Firefighter, fishing for the missing, Boyd county class of 94. I use to work in greenup for the EMS there, work there for about five years.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts