EAST KENTUCKY CATFISHERMAN PART VI

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    John said for someone to take charge and do it, so i did....hahaha

I agree with what all the guys have said so far kyflathead, all the guys on here have takin me in like one of there own, and anytime you wanna fish just give them the heads up. Only one rule if you invite John and Larry you better do your homework, because if you take them to the dead sea you wont live it down. dont ask me how i know.....haha

2. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sorry for the double post, but what do you all think about the skips running. the weather has really cooled off it may be time to try and get a few of them for winter. what do you all think???

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Found ya all!!!:wink::smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Glad ya started a new one, the old one had about run its course...:smile2:
    That place is the Dead Sea, I won't go back there till maybe Spring. I'd say Spring time after a good rain it can be productive.
    I'd love to know if the skips are running, I need some for the winter. Bait is hard to come by in the winter and they are great bait.:cool2:

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    start stocking up on bluegills to say the least .

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm going to do that. I'm gonna go to G-Bo soon and get a bunch just to freeze. I've got several gills, chubs & goldfish in my bait tank now. I've been expecting more to die but have only had 2 die so far. When they die they go into the freezer.

7. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    yeah i think next week, i am going to start catching some gills to freeze, and then i think one day next week i am going to return to the Greenup L&D for a few hours of skip fishing. i also may take a couple catfish rods and maybe even a striper rod.:eek:oooh:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I might be up for a trip to the L/d one day next week. Let me know what day you are going to try it and I might join ya:wink: Jake might meet up with us if he isn't out of town at the time. He was going to Florida I think around the 1st of the month.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  9. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    lets check the weather around sunday and see what the outlook for the week is going to be. then maybe we can make some sort of game plan.

10. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    :smile2:you guys are doing a lot of fishing,but i didn't hear my name anywhereits bait time i guess but theirs a lot of cattin to be done still. i'm planning to go tomorrow am or nite not sure which yet maybe:big_smile::embarassed: a little of both everyone invited that wants to.

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    john your not eating out of the bait tank again are you?we'll hit a few places for bait before long.

i know its off subject but got myx-ray results back today BONE SPURS yes they can remove them no problem but i told him no way i'll deal with it for AWHILE any way i know the problem now.:wink:

12. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    yes your guilty as sin,then to add to it you bailed out and left us SHAME:embarassed:

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Glad you found out what the problem is Larry.:wink: This thread is an anything goes as far as I know as long as it has to do with fishing or our fishing buddies. so it's not off subject at all.:wink: Bone spurs are very painful and can cause much misery .

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad you can get the back fixed ! Larry ! Off to my show ! Don't say break a leg ! Already have the toe black n blue !

15. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i know some guys that have had bone spurs and they are quite painful....my one buddy has a genetic disorder that he grows them at an accelerated rate, the one on his leg is the size of a soft ball. its crazy.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Nope...:roll_eyes::tounge_out:
    I have a small gill & a goldfish in the freezer for later(and a big skippie!).:wink:

Glad you know whats up now, hopefully the meds & time will help. You've put up with it for a while.:eek:oooh::crazy:
    If you go fishing stop by and grab that bait. It'll probably be a day or 2 before I get out to fish.
    Plan on getting more bait by then.:wink:

17. BigDarrin

BigDarrin New Member

State:
    KY
    Ken Manchester is down off 80 between Hazard and London. Well i thought i was going to go back to work but that fell threw. I am on unemployment and looking.(but not that hard):cool2: I got a job, just have to go get the school bus endorsement put on my CDL's. Then I got a job doing 3rd party insurance inspections. I really like this job so far. I get to go out and take some pictures interview the people and come home to do it all on the computer and upload it right to the company. Kinda the job i have always wanted to do but couldnt find. The company told me once i get the hang of residential then i can do commercial. They said thats where the money is.
    I am wanting to do some fishing with everyone again. Might get to come to the next outing.

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Darrin
    That's where I was thinking it was got to looking at a map the other day of the Cumberland lake area and decided, if I go that far fishing I'm planning on staying 3 or 4 days.
    Hope you can get to the next outing.

19. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Let's give it up to Lance and Gnarly Love. I like your music bro. Kinda a mix of Ramones, maybe a little Dead Milkmen.

Here's the link, check it out guys.

http://www.myspace.com/gnarlyloverocks

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for posting it for me ! There is also a video on youtube if you wanna put it up ! LOl !Reps to ya !