East Kentucky Catfisherman Part IV

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Mar 27, 2009.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me and Ken figured it was about time to start another one of these....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2: So here you go...:smile2:

Good Luck & Tight Lines in 2009 to ALL!!!
    :cool2:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    We always need a place to spill a little B.S. ya know.:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2:

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    you know i was not informed of the move!but with help i found it.just got home from work and though i'd drop a line. well the boat about done just put in timmer and new battery and shes completed. just need to find a use for her:cool2::sad2::wink::smile2:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Larry where are the fish going to be biting at this week??? Have it figured out by your days off. I was out in the rain last night catching toads.:roll_eyes::crazy: Now frogs might just be the ticket to Mr. Flathead this early in the year. It is a lot easier to catch frogs than crawlers.:wink:

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    ken i would'nt know how to act if i got to fishing.i told john yesterday that i was going to start going no matter the weather:wink::tounge_out::cool2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

We'll go whenever you want to. As long as there is no lightning I'm up for it. Thats cool you got the battery and timer in. We'll have to go test it out soon!:wink::cool2:

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    don't have it in yet just need to do it to finish,i'm like you when it comes to lighting i will not stay on water .:smile2:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

OK, I misunderstood you. If you need a hand let me know when and I'll help you finish it up. Don't forget about the can of spray paint and the big washers for the rod holders. That'll make them even more solid and look good.:cool2:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Guys and anybody that reads this thread...I need a HUGE favor!

One of our own Brothers needs a lot of Prayers. I'm not gonna say who or whats happening out of respect but they are in need for our Prayers right now. I know I'll really appreciate it and they will too.
    Thanks in advance!!!:wink:

10. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    glad you said something cause i had already forgotten.it will be tues or wed before i work on it again because of work. i may see if ken or anybody has a few bases for driftmaster i think thats what they really need.:wink:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, the bases would look really good also. I'd say a really big washer(a little bigger than the ones underneath) painted the same color as the boat would work out good, also be pretty cheap. They would keep the metal from bending also under a load, the washers would even the pressure out and be more stable....I think....:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

12. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    my thoughts and prayers out to the one in need! we could all use some prayers. john we might have to settle for washers cause if i canit find some used bases washers will be it. man we have to get out soon so you and ken better bundle up!:smile2::confused2::sad2:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Larry! Its most definitely appreciated!:wink:
    I don't see why big washers wouldn't work just as good. Just get them with the same size hole in the middle but a little bigger than the others. Be a cheap way to go, maybe a couple bucks at most for them and a buck or 2 for the paint.
    I'll be ready whenever you are. I've got warm clothes and rain gear so I'm good to go.:roll_eyes::cool2:

14. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    well fellows we'll see who is a die hard cat man cause i'm starting wed or thursday and am going fishing every chance i get rain or shine if river gets then i fish the lakes for channels so my fine fellows get ready play time is over! :wink: lookout kitty kitty

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Count me in!:cool2: We oughta hit Grayson sometime and try to hook up with some of those monster cats I've heard about. Plus we can catch the eaters there. I've got a small portable grill that Regina bought me to take fishing. We can take it, beach the boat and cook some grub and bank fish while were doing it.:cool2:
    I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!:wink::cool2:

16. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    john thats a great idea i love channels mighty tasty as long as they are babies. we could make a day night sort of trip:wink:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    John I can't figure out who is more happy about the boat. I think you might be beating Larry out. LOL

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm always up for any kind of fishing trip. We'll definitely have to do that!!!:wink:

:smile2::smile2::smile2: I am happy, Larry got a great deal on a great boat! I don't know though, he's pretty dang happy himself.
    I'm just happy that its finally getting to be that time again to start chasing Mr. Flattie! I have a feeling that all of us Eastern KY guys will be getting their new PB this year....That is if I can ever find any darn bait!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:
    I'm gonna talk to Larry and see if he'll make me co-captain...:smile2:

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    First off Prayers goes out for our fellow members that are in trying times.

Now what kind of problem are you having that you are using washers to fix ????
    Next I like weekend trips too. John and I had one at the wall last year 16 hours straight will qualify I think.

20. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    ken its like a day night sort of thing and yes you are invited. we put the rest of the rod holders on the boat and i think we need bases for them.like i said before you guys better get ready cause i'm gettin it bad i'm going to forget the weather just fish:wink::smile2: