East Fork

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Greg Alsept, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Greg Alsept

Greg Alsept New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone know of any good spots to catch nice cats at East Fork?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a25: Greg Welcome to the BOC. I can't answer your question about fishing in that area but hang on there will be someone along that will.:happy: :happy: :0a23:

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Greg! Man that's a nice cat in your picture there. Where is that lake located at?

4. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have had decent luck there in the past few years during late spring early summer. Fish anywhere where there is standing timber at night. Those flats will come up into the shallow wooded areas to feed on shad and crappie at night. The only problem is getting away from the channel cats. The lake is overran with them. I only fished there a few times last year, but hope to get out there more this year. I have seen some monsters come out of there.

5. Greg Alsept

Greg Alsept New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The fish in the photo came from a lake in Milford Ohio.

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome Aboard Greg.Thats A Super Fish in Your Aviator,Congrats Sir.I Think You Will Get To Love The BOC.So Jump Right in and Ask Away, We Will Find the Answers You Need Between Us. OK J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

7. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hope there is good fishing in East fork because I am moving about 15mins from it.:lol:

shenbitt

8. Ice-Berg

Ice-Berg New Member

State:
    Ohio,Cinci
    If you drift fish livers/worms down the tailwater of the dam, you can consistently get 1.5/3 pound channels, but that's the only place at eastfork where i've gotten any. On the other side of the dam its a descent place to rockbass/bluegill fish.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just curious what brings you from West Chester to Clermont county?

10. This place is to hard to fish, because all of the boat traffic.

11. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Greg,
    I was told to go left out from the [125 side]dock and get out of the wake zone then go to the right down by the stick-ups it goes from about 80ft to 25-30 ft real quick.I have been back in that area but no biguns

12. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What kind of fish are you going for? If you are going for flathead, I would suggest hitting the shallower water in the spring and summer. There are a lot of coves with heavy cover all over the lake. I have better luck toward the Bethel area, but I'm sure they are all over the lake.