East Fork or Rocky Fork

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by OHFishmanB, Aug 1, 2006.

1. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Anyone been fishing East Fork or Rocky Fork? Hoping to do some flathead fishing at either one this weekend. Suggestions would be great....

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I was just looking through some of my fishing pictures and it looks like the last time I fished East Fork was July 2 and that was a skunking. That lake is as dead as I've seen it in years. I'd absolutely go to Rocky if those were my only choices. If I were going to be home this weekend I'd hit the river though. But I guess I'll have to fish the Gulf of Mexico this weekend since I'll be in Florida on vacation. :lol:

3. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    For flatheads i would got to rocky, i've only caught channels at east fork, if you decide to go to east fork try fishing the dam that forms the eastfork little miami river. Its a small river but i rarely leave without catching a plus 3 pound channel.

4. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    O whoaaaa is you brother not the gulf of mexico anything but the gulf and florida not the white sand beaches anything but the white sand beaches....LoL:eek:oooh: :lol: :0a37:

5. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    well i can personally say that east fork may not produce many big cats being caught, but trust me, there are cats in east fork that go well over 65+ lbs, i have seen some pulled out by my family well over 40.... and seen bigger, ya just gotta know where and how to get em :) rocky fork isnt good in my book, HUGE carp there, and a lot of small channels, 5-10

6. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yes there definatly are very large flats in east fork! you have to spend some time figuring out the pattern for that lake. it takes a while!!

7. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know there are some very large flats in East Fork. Several years back I was crappie fishing there in February and saw an old man catch a 49lb flathead on a minnow crappie fishing. It almost pulled him in the water.... if only I could get that lucky!

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    you got it Larry, just need to know where to fish and how to get em ;)

yes there definatly are very large flats in east fork! you have to spend some time figuring out the pattern for that lake. it takes a while!!

9. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    To be honset with you, I thin your best bet is east fork i never fished it, but heres why i think rocky fork is a very popular lake in ohio, Look at the keeper length for bass 13 inches, Strange when most of the other lakes are 15, I basiclly think that rocky fork is over fished.