East/central MS Okatibbee 12/10

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Stevej, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Went back out this morning for a couple of hours and caught 9 keeper's with 6 over 11" which I kept. 7-8 FOW along a drop off, water temp was 58 degrees with a light south wind, best jig was a 1/8 oz red-head with a yellow/white tube. Last time out the best was an electric chicken panfish assassin but think I only got a couple of throw-backs on it today. Fished from 8 till 10 and no fish after 9:30 when the wind got up pretty good. My livewell was not working so I came home as I had no ice for the fish. Broken ground wire to my master switch, now fixed. Still no water to speak of in the lake, only have about 1/2 the lake that is safe to run your big motor.

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sounds like you had fun! My dad use to fish that lake. How far down is the water?
    Bill

3. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    It is at 334.24 and it should be being pulled down from 344 summer level so from 10 to 7 feet low depending on where the draw down would normally. This is a pix down lake at the Okatibbee bridge at the causeway. You can see land and/or stumps about 1/2 way down to Collinsville landing. All the corp docks are hi and dry. It is even lower than when I took this picture.

[​IMG]

4. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats a couple nice uns' i sure hope i have some of that luck this weekend. i only got 1 last sat. and looking at your 2 done got me hungry. congrats on a good day.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Wow thanks for the pixs. It really is low. I will have to show that to my dad!
    Bill