Earthrace - A Bio-diesel boat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    pretty interesting...New Zealanders set to attempt to break globe navigation record. this is a cool looking boat....be kind of hard to run a trot line out of it tho:smile2:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/earthrace.htm

Attached Files:

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Wow, Phil, where do you find these things? This boat looks like something out of Star Wars or Beneath the Sea.

Thanks for sharing.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am really suprised that this post hasn't gotten more attention from the BOC...this is a fascinating endeavor. just do a google for this boat and check it out...high dollar deal all the way. i think it would be extremely cool to be on that boat.

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That is a cool looking boat.

5. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I read in the article that he donated his own body fat to make bio-diesel. It says that 10 lbs of human fat removed via liposuction could produce enough fuel to drive a car 50 miles....I've seen the lipo process and it is'nt worth it.

The only drawback I see to earth friendly fuels is that if ethanol production takes off the cost of corn by the bushell will skyrocket and in turn raise the cost of animal feeds thus raising your cost at the grocery. It has already been predicted that corn could double price/bushell

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Never seen a boat like that. thanks for sharing

7. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    That is an awesome boat and it will give bio-diesel a big push. Many companies are gearing up to produce and it will also make corn and soybean prices go up.