Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
earthquake 5.4 went through about 4:35 am they say it was in salem illinois.
here in swansea it woke us up with some rattleing windows and the beds shook hard . i thought it was wind rattleing our entertainment center glass door because it woke me up i didnt realize the bed had woke me up the wife said it did:eek:oooh:. hope no one is hurt .

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
It was not fun here at all, rattled this house I thought JW was stuck inside my house with his truck ramming it. lol

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Thats why I'm up early. I knew it was an earthquake, or a tornado coming. When I realized it wasn't windy out, I knew what it was. This is the second earthquake we've had that i can remember. Our planet needs to burp. I hope it dont spit up anywhere around here!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I felt it when I was getting ready for work. Thought it was just me until I noticed the computer monitor was shaking. Pretty freaky. Hope everyone on here is OK.

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
I knew I shouldn't have planted that fence post that deep yesterday.
Sorry about that fellas.:embarassed:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yup.. felt it.. bed was shaking and things on top of my tv fell down. I hear glass break but I didn't fnd it... so will be investigating more when I get home from work. Was a pretty nice tremor.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I felt it here too, I think they said there was a aftershock as well. It woke me up, bed was shaking. I kinda looked around and rolled back over and went to sleep, I didnt even think about getting out of bed.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Glad to hear everyone made it through. You can keep that in your part of the country. Last thing I need is one of those coming up here and re-arranging rivers and lakes, ruining my fishing spots.:big_smile:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I"M glad my fishin family is ok. I have lived in Southern California,and usujually when they have one it's literally like you;re on a rollercoasster ride in your living room. you can actually see the carpet rolling under your feet and ali over the floor,yes it is very spooky. Just glad everyone is ok! Sister Pat:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I was sleeping on the floor in a hotel in carbondale. there were 4 of us sleeping in there, everybody got up and looked around, but im the only one who remembered it the next morning. guess they were pretty out of it. it was pretty freaky!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my nephew 20 yrs old said he woke up and his bed was shaking back and forth really hard HAHAHAHAHA he said he thought it was the exorcist and he pulled the covers over his head and said he hoped it would go away :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

now we will be repeating the old the power of christ compels thee the power of christ compels thee to him for a while .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.