earthquake

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Apr 18, 2008.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    earthquake 5.4 went through about 4:35 am they say it was in salem illinois.
    here in swansea it woke us up with some rattleing windows and the beds shook hard . i thought it was wind rattleing our entertainment center glass door because it woke me up i didnt realize the bed had woke me up the wife said it did:eek:oooh:. hope no one is hurt .

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Felt her here DRC, East Central Iowa. Wife thought I was getting grabby, woke her up.

Felt like California.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    man that was wild went by here at about 4:38 was sleeping woke me up right out of a dead sleep they are saying on the news they are looking for it to be a 5.4 on the scale just hope every one out there is ok an be safe

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It was not fun here at all, rattled this house I thought JW was stuck inside my house with his truck ramming it. lol

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats why I'm up early. I knew it was an earthquake, or a tornado coming. When I realized it wasn't windy out, I knew what it was. This is the second earthquake we've had that i can remember. Our planet needs to burp. I hope it dont spit up anywhere around here!

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I felt it in my part of Kentucky. Did not know it was a earthquake as first I was getting ready for work.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You sure he wasn't outside your house farting???...W

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's pretty crazy. I remember an earthquake that shook us in OHIO back in the early 80s. Pretty strange feeling.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I felt it when I was getting ready for work. Thought it was just me until I noticed the computer monitor was shaking. Pretty freaky. Hope everyone on here is OK.

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ve never felt an earthquake and hope I never do , Hope everybody is ok.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I knew I shouldn't have planted that fence post that deep yesterday.
    Sorry about that fellas.:embarassed:

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Yup.. felt it.. bed was shaking and things on top of my tv fell down. I hear glass break but I didn't fnd it... so will be investigating more when I get home from work. Was a pretty nice tremor.

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I felt it here too, I think they said there was a aftershock as well. It woke me up, bed was shaking. I kinda looked around and rolled back over and went to sleep, I didnt even think about getting out of bed.

14. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Glad to hear everyone made it through. You can keep that in your part of the country. Last thing I need is one of those coming up here and re-arranging rivers and lakes, ruining my fishing spots.:big_smile:

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear you was ok and everyone was alright they said they had a earthquake that here in Kentucky today but I dont know I didnt feel anything but some of the women mom works with said it shook pretty bad.

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I"M glad my fishin family is ok. I have lived in Southern California,and usujually when they have one it's literally like you;re on a rollercoasster ride in your living room. you can actually see the carpet rolling under your feet and ali over the floor,yes it is very spooky. Just glad everyone is ok! Sister Pat:big_smile:

17. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Our son lives in Evansville and he said the house was shaking and by the time he got the kids out of bed it was over. Glad everyone out there in BOC land is safe

18. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Slept right through it !!! :eek:oooh:

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    I was sleeping on the floor in a hotel in carbondale. there were 4 of us sleeping in there, everybody got up and looked around, but im the only one who remembered it the next morning. guess they were pretty out of it. it was pretty freaky!

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my nephew 20 yrs old said he woke up and his bed was shaking back and forth really hard HAHAHAHAHA he said he thought it was the exorcist and he pulled the covers over his head and said he hoped it would go away :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

now we will be repeating the old the power of christ compels thee the power of christ compels thee to him for a while .