Earth to Kansas! LOL!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Nov 12, 2008.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Its been quiet around here.:smile2: Hows everyone doin?
    I havent been fishin as much. All I have been catchin is some small channels anyway. Been gettin ready for the winter.:sad2::smile2: Man that sucks!
    With the seasons changin Ashley has been wantin to go on some nature walks. We have gone a few and have taken some pics. It was beautiful a week ago, but strong winds took away most of the leaves.:confused2: Now everything looks dead.:smile2:

Here are some pics to bore you.:wink::smile2:
    First- Me and I Big Cottonwood on the river
    Second- Pic of the river
    Thrid- Pic of a catfish one a concrete wall by the river.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Some more...:wink:

First- Catfish on a bridge. The city acts like they take prides in the fishies.:smile2:
    Second- Some Maple trees
    Third- Pond with trees

Attached Files:

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Cool pics, Kyle! Things are slow up this way, pretty much slipping into winter mode. I took Tiffany's parents out on the Kaw one day last week, we found a place where we could beach and get out, and we managed 4 channel cats, up to 13lbs. This is definitely the best time of year to get out and hike, but it's hard to give up on fishing.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

my poles are put up this time of year i am out trapping wont think about big cats till april or so, unless there bobcats then i allready have them on my mind..lol

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    It's deer hunting time for me. This is my first year with a bow. Man is it a lot harder than a rifle. Seeing deer is not a problem. Getting them close enough for a shot, now that is a challange. Been spending most of my time after work in a tree stand or scouting new areas. I am right on the heels of a couple nice bucks but I think they know :smile2:.

6. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    I hope you kill some Jay. I want some more jerky.:smile2:
    I am gonna continue to fish, just not as often. I have quite a drive to do any blue cattin.:sad2:
    Good luck to everyone, be it in the woods or on the water.
    Keep us updated on your success.
    Lets get somethin to read on here.:wink::smile2:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well it has been slow for me to. Went and fished the Blue week before last and got three bites. Caught two and had one break me off. 5lb channel and a 25lb blue. Plan on hitting the local Alma lake fri. morning and try for some crappie.

Thanks for sharin the pics. Kyle.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, nice pics, specially the one's of the bridge and wall Cats. I really liked that river pic too, that where we gonna fish (if and when you say they're biting again:roll_eyes::smile2:), we got our own trees here:smile2:, if you wanna see leaves, come look in my yard, I'm waiting for a good North wind so my neighbor will have to rake'm up:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::smile2:.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with hunting or fishing!

Thanks for the pics brother, those are some good shots

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have switched to crappie fishing.Been catching a few and it will only get better has the water temp drops.I fish all winter long until i cant break the ice anymore with the boat.Then will hits the docks hard because it never freezes solid around them.
    I keep all the guts for spring time cats and allready have two coffee cans full and in the freezer.

Does anyone fish for cats through the ice.Use to do real good at Osage and Shawnee county st lake.But I dont like getting out on the ice anymore:

I will get after the cats in easrly March has soon as the ice comes off.

Crappie guts in two feet of water.

11. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where are you fishing this winter?

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

this time of year i love being in the woods running traps,granted theres some good catfishing to be had this time of year out on the river,its very hard to not wanna go

13. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Havin any luck with your traps?
    Im thinkin about goin fishin tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some luck. Gotta get bait though.:confused2:

14. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i put them in the ground for the first time this year friday moring,by sat. i will be skinning

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, I used to ice fish, on Lake Erie. I don't trust Milford, although some folks do. I've seen guy's out in the middle of the mouth of School Creek just out from the boat ramp by theirself. NO WAY you could get me out there. That lake level drops, that ice can be sagging.

16. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Hi guys
    I have been spending most of my time in a treestand. That is in fact where I came up with my screen name in case anyone ever wondered. Had a friend that told me one time that if I kept spending so much time in a tree that I would turn into a squirrel (Tree Rat):smile2:
    Casey (Rush60) was kind enough to hook me up with a couple of really nice places to hunt this year. It is getting hard to find a place and I really apperciate it.
    Here is a short story about my last couple of nights.
    One limb in the way tonight or I would have had a nice buck. He came through at 27 yards by himself and was moving pretty fast. There was one limb in the way and I did not take the shot. He was not a monster but real nice 8 pt. maybe 135". had another smaller buck come through on the same trail going the other direction about an hour later. Starting to learn the new place I am hunting. The corn on the place is not cut yet and it is making things pretty hard but I think I may have figured it out.
    Shot a coyote last night about a 100 yards down the tree line from where I sat tonight. I shot a little high because he was angleing toward me and moving pretty fast. I put my 30 yard pin on him which would have been great, but he was only about 25 by the time I took the shot. I was spretty sure I hit him and he took off like the devil was after him. Turned out that I did hit him but must have just went through his hide above the shoulder. As many as there are right now I feel the best thing to do is take them when you get the chance. Tonight the big buck went down the same trail that the coyote was on last night. If I had been in the same tree I would still be packing him out right now.
    Felt good to just have a shooter that close. Maybe next time.

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Nice to see you around Alan. Sounds like you have been busy in the woods. Glad Casey hooked you up so you can enjoy your huntin. Hes a good guy. Let us know when you get one.
    Tom, ice fishin aint my thing either.:smile2: I will go on hikes around the lake before you catch me on it.:wink: Down at Kaw Lake, where I plan to do alot of fishin, it doesnt really freeze bad. Plus the fishin below the dam is pretty good in the winter and it never freezes. Gotta have power.:cool2:
    Jim, did you know that Extreme Makeover Home Edition is remodeling/building a house in Chaplin. They are doing it for a vet that lost his house in the tornado. They are also doing some other work to the park or somthing. You should go down there and try to get on TV.:wink::smile2: Hold a sign that says "Will Work For Beer".:smile2:

18. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    JIM, I meant Chapman.:smile2: Sorry about that. I dont want to confuse you.:wink:

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Like I said i use to Ice fish but not no more.My Dad was a big ice fisherman but i dont get on it no more.And for them guys going out by themself that is not a smart thing to do,

Alan good luck bow hunting.I have'nt seen my youngest son in over a week.
    He to is spending alot of time hanging in the trees..

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Any of you guys having trouble seeing who's online out of your buddies on the main Kansas page? I see you guys in the other pages , but its not listed for me at the bottom of the main Kansas page. I sent Paul an email last night , but he must of been busy. :sad2: