Earnhardt Jr. wants majority ownership of DEI

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Yea he is going a little far...but he pertty much deserves this. He has been getting the shaft from DEI for a while and it needs to stop. Maybe Jr. can turn it into a powerhouse team again without his stepmother in the way.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    If you want to see a powerhouse team again, could you imagine a DEI and a RCR merger? Split the ownership 3 ways, (Richard Childress, Teresa Earnhardt and Dale Jr.). Earnhardt Jr gets the #3 Budweiser car. This probably will never happen because Harvick would want his piece of the pie too.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    They better have someone a little smarter than Jr. running the show if they want to turn this team into a powerhouse team. When you say powerhouse team "again",I don't remember it ever being a powerhouse team. As far as Jr. running the show that would be a big mistake,as he sometimes has a difficult time with interviews. If Teresa isn't running DEI,they better hire someone with some smarts if they want to stay afloat.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ummmmmm.....ummmmmm....biting my lip is tough!!! :crazy:

I will save the insider information and say this. Dale Jr. is priming the pump for a break-up.

As for Max Siegel. Would you trust Teresa Earnhardt running a record company? Nuff said.

Five years ago DEI was a race shop with a museum. Five years from now it will be a museum with a race shop.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If they do break up maybe he wont be a fool and keep what he has for a crew chief and manager.

I still say alot of it is show. NASCAR has become the Sunday version of, How the World Turns.

Now entitlement.
    I like Dale Jr. and loved Dale Sr's racing but why does Jr. think he is entitled to what Teresa owns?
    OK. It was my daddy's so its mine, give it to me?

Naaa, if I was Jr. I would easing on up there to the big E estate after dark atleast a few nights a week.
    Teresa is one of those good looking sweet talking country gals.
    Surely big E wouldn't mind keeping it all in the family.:lol:
    Remember, it was my daddy's so it's mine, give it to me?:eek:oooh:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm a little surprised by this whole thing! In the past Jr. has said it wasn't about the money & running the company but now it appears to be exactly that. I can understand why he feels DEI is not keeping up with Rousch and Hendrick teams and changes need to be made. He also knows that if he leaves DEI is done! The sponsors are going to follow him and he can go pretty much anywhere he wants. He also wants to take care of Kerry and his sisters who appear to be left out of the empire for the most part. Stay tuned for to the next episode of Jr. vs. Teresa!:eek:oooh:

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dont you think the word Majority is a starting point for talks to be begin?As of now he has nothing but a driving job. I think all he is trying to do is to get a pice of the pie for Kerry,Kelly and himself. It seems to me when Jr. started to drive he had a vary small paycheck and a dubblewide on the Dale's farm. Now Jr. gets a largger paycheck and Kerry and Kelly had zip. Kelly works for jr. now and Kerry works for DEI.I think Teresa will do the right thing in the long run, and DEI will be a force for a long time. smokey

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    If I were Rick Hendrick I would make JR a serious offer to drive the 25 and get rid of whoever he got to replace whats his name.:big_smile: :lol: NOW THAT would be a powerhouse team.I would offer him the same deal that Gordon has if nothing else which would be 1/2 car ownership.I am a Hendrick fan but like Jr also and sympathize with his positon somewhat.IT IS his name and his fathers.Logically had Sr lived Jr would eventually have inherited the company so Jr is just trying to carry through on that idea.DEI is headed for destruction IF they dont get together and start managing it properly.Lets face it there is money enough to be made for all of them if they can just agree to be a team.As a Hendrick fan I should be happy with all this dissention at DEI but I respect Jr as a competitor and NASCAR needs that rivalry and so do all the other teams.It is in the best interest of good competition for DEI to be up there with the rest.Measure your successes by the strength of your enemies.:smile2:

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I never have been an "E" fan ( Jr, Sr, or as a corperation ) being a Hendricks Motorsports follower. But I did, and still do have great respect for Dale Sr. and the team he built. I would hate to see that organization torn apart by a power struggle or by greed. Its not good for them, or the sport. Hope they get it resolved before this spring. I dont want it to be an excuse for Jr. when Gordon or Johnson put a whoopin on him.:lol: :big_smile: :lol: :big_smile:

11. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Smokey, thanks for bringing this up. When I saw the report yesterday that he had made this statement, the first thing I thought was, this doesn't sound like Jr. I believe he's fed up with the whole big media and internet talk about the situation and just sorta blew up with the media yesterday and just threw that statement out there to stir the pot a little. It's kinda like when you're selling a truck or something, you always price it a little higher and this gives you some negotiating room to work with. I don't think he realistically wants or expects what he asked for, I just believe he wants to be taken seriously about his ideas for the future of DEI. I hope they can get a deal done and continue on together.

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. is DEI at this point.

Teresa ain't the smartest business person around, but I would think she would realize that the organization has nothing left without Dale Jr. Everyone that made DEI what it was is gone, except for Dale Jr, and that is only a fan draw. DEI's biggest problem right now is effective leadership in the motorsports competition side of the business, not the driver. They do not have the people in place to run a competitive organization. They have the money to do it, at least for now, but the direction is not there. It will not come from Dale Jr. either.

DEI is not the same business it was when Dale died. The best thing Teresa could ever do is take a back seat, get out of the control position, live off Dale Earnhardt souvenir sales, and put effective leaders in place.

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    jr is not a management type. they may need to give him a little more say in who they have run the business. he can drive a good car, but his dad could drive a piece of junk and make it go. jr only complains the whole race when his car is junk that day. they have problems at DEI and hopefully will fix some of them as the ones of us who do not want DEI to win want to beat them at their best, not as an also ran. just like they cheer against gordon, a lot of us cheer against them.

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Wolfman that would be amazing...but not likely at all.

DEI would have nothing if Jr. left and they would be stupid to let him go. Truex is a decent driver and fairly well liked, Menard...who knows yet..but they are nothing without Jr. being part of DEI. I really don't understand why people don't think Jr. could run the business. Besides have you guys ever heard of managers.......they are the ones that actually run the business. Most owners like Teresa just push them in the direction she wants and they make a large majority of the decisions.

I think Jr. just needs to take Budweiser and go race for The Cat in the Hat.

15. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Most owners like Teresa just push them in the direction she wants and they make a large majority of the decisions..."

Nothing could be further from the truth at DEI, and that is their problem.

16. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    If Jr leaves DEI, what is left, a museum? They have young guns in the garge, but Jr has the name, and a HUGE $$$$ making sponsor to back him. I would hope that they could come to some sort of agreement where Jr will eventually take over, and Teresa stays in the picture, or background, permanently. jmo

Kenny

17. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heck i think dale jr. is just a chip off the old block myself. sr. didnt get what he had working cheap either. its called get all you can while you can or get it somewhere else. if dei was all that great why was dale sr. running rcr cars? it wasnt for friendship. money isnt everything but its a big piece of it. working with family is a bad deal anyways.

18. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...if dei was all that great why was dale sr. running rcr cars?..."

Why? He got $7,000,000 a year from RCR. That was money he would have had to pay himself if he drove his own car, not to mention paying the folks to build it. Good business move. Made more money, cost him less, all around a good deal.

If Jr. was smart, and that is asking a lot, he would get the ownership percentage he wants AND STILL LEAVE!! :wink:

19. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Why does he deserve what his dad left his wife? Thats low. He has the money to start a new team. But does he have the brain to run it? I am NOT saying he is dumb. He is far from it but you have to have a knack to run a biz. Ask anyone who has a biz that has been around awhile. I can not amagin the work involved in a nascar team.
    If Jr did leave I believe Dei would survive. It would take a loss at 1st but come back. Money makes the world go round.
    Bill