Earnhardt Jr. to leave DEI

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Cherokee, May 10, 2007.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Great news as long as he leaves those Euries at DEI.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Can you imagine the fans disgust when he is blocking for Gordon's 7 cup title :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You have to wonder what Dale Sr. would think about this whole thing.
    Bill

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Hopefully the fans will only throw Budweiser cans at him.:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :smile2: I still dont see it although we would love to have him at Hendricks!!!!!!!!!

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats the best decision he could make in my book. he will never get what he thinks he deserves at dei and they will always think hes getting more than he should. its a famliy with a step mother who hes daddy liked but his kids didnt. just too hard to work with family. he got a good start there and now its time to go to the top. i think rcr and the car number 3 would be a great option because nascar isnt the same to me without the number 3. just my opinion.

6. sscreekchub91

sscreekchub91 New Member

State:
    indiana
  7. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    bring back the 3

8. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does this mean people will have to scrape those "8" stickers off the backs of their pickup truck windows?

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i think he outta drive my guys car... he would look good in the #55! sorry, im just a sick and very tired fan of nascar right now... i need some therapy im afraid. go mikey go! how come im the only one wearing napa?:confused2:

10. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Probably never happen but Id like to see him buy the 3 from rcr and race under jr motorsports. Thats the way to be the boss.:eek:oooh:

11. k5camaro

k5camaro New Member

State:
    texas
    time to step up and be his own intimidator, not the intimidated

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You gotta feel for the ones that had the 8 tattoed on various body parts.

Working for family seldom works out especially if you dont get along outside of work.

I hope Jr. doesnt start up his own gig and by the way he talked today he wont. He says he is looking for championships.
    I think the main thing he wanted with some control at DEI is personel related.
    I found it interesting that he wanted DW to be there with him at todays press conference. DW is a crackpot but I'm sure DW will offer his advice as far as what to do and good advice. I'm sure it would be having been an owner driver.

This is a clean break from DEI and those in command from the owner through the general management to the crew chief.
    Exactly what he needs to get after some championships.

Rick Hendricks would love to have him but he has a full stable of 4 cars and Rick has never struck me as the type to ditch a guy's contract because someone else comes available. I could be wrong but I dont recall Rick ever doing something like that.

I'd be willing to bet on RCR. Its no secret Jr. wants to drive the 3.
    I prefer he drive the black 3 but you can bet that Budweiser is going where Jr. goes and I doubt Budwesier will switch over to a black and silver beer can anytime soon.

Could the merge talks have been initiated by Teresa because she knew she wasnt going to budge and she knew Jr. would leave?
    I gotta believe she has been working on options that didnt include Jr. in the picture to try to preserve a stable without Jr. or Budweiser.
    She's obviously been stupid about the whole thing but I dont think she is completely stupid.

This thing with Jr, DEI, and Teresa is personal. It sure doesnt show many signs of having any business side to it.

13. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Good for him, I'll continue to pull for him no matter who he drives for but their will be no blocking for Gordon.