Early Wedding Anniversary gift

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Sep 30, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve and I were married October 13Th 1989. He's like a big kid when he gets a present for me or the girls it's all he can do to keep it a secret until the day arrives to actually give the gift. Well yesterday he really shocked me. A few months back,when the RR finally approved his disability and he got some of his backpay he ordered me a new Rifle. For some reason I have always admired lever actions and when we first married I had a Marlin 30-30 lever action. Well yesterday he presented me with a brand new .454 Casull Rifle lever action. It's all stainless steel in the barrel and action. I almost fell off the couch. I'd attach a picture but I'm such a dummy on doing things like that,I even had to have a staff member put up my new Avatar. Any of you folks who are gun people can see it on line it's a Rossi Puma made in Brazil. Just thought I'd share with ya. The gun folks that he had to buy it through were given very strict instructions not to call the house when it arrived as it was a gift for his wife. I guess when he went down to check to see if it had arrived and it had,the dealer broke out in a huge smile and stated " I know your lady must be loved an awful lot." Yes I am and the feelings are mutual!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

2. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sister Powell;
    Congrats on the new firearm. It's always fun to add to the collection.
    I hope it brings you a lot of fun and enjoyment in the days, months, and years ahead.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've always found it interesting how there are some calibers that are pretty much regional specific. The .454 is one and there are many others for example that are popular in the north and folks in the south aint never heard of unless they are into guns and even then they have never seen or shot one.

Have fun with the new one.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Pat,

Thats one nice rifle! I dont have many rifles, but like the Big Calibers.

Dont go Squirrel hunting with it. :smile2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am honored to receive a post from you Sir,thank you. As for squirrel hunting, no I don't believe I'll do that Sir,probably wouldn't have anything left of the poor creature to take home. I'd love a chance however,at a good sized Buck or Bull Elk,now that would be very interesting indeed. I will be glad when you can come home.Thank you very much for your service to our Country.~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat congrats on the new gun. I know you will cherrish it forever. I was also happy to know that God had answered many of your financials prayers.I remember many of your prayer request, and your urgent needs. God was faithfull. He carried you through. I'm proud for you.:smile2:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a nice firearm in a wonderful caliber. Have fun:big_smile:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sounds like a wonderfull anniversery gift, My wife allways just tells me well time to go get what you want for our ann.