Early spring?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by pylodictis, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    with this mild winter we're having, is anyone thinking the spring bite will be on early?

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think we will be wishing mild winter in february!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im thinking the bite would be on now for most fish now. not sure about the cats. never fished in the cold for them. trout & crappies should be hitting good.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The weather we are having is so unusual its hard to tell what will happen! I'm still hoping to ice fish this winter but I just saw on the weather channel temps will be in the upper 40's by the end of this week, not gonna get any ice like that!:roll_eyes:

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i have a feeling were going to get hard in febuary and march with winter weather.

6. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    I'm going to start fishing for cats in April. That's when the Ohio River tourneys start. Hopefully they'll be biting by then.

7. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea it crazy time to catch catfish in early spring, I have been caught over 25 channel catfish in April.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I actually got this secret spot in a creek that feeds into the Delaware. It like a channel and white cat wintering hole. End of February is always HOT!!!

9. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Blacky why dont you try it now, I'll bet they are there right now. We catch them all winter long up here in N E PA. as long as there isent any ice.

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Lately I've been taking my crappie rod (11.5' St Croix Wild River rod), bass rod (6.6' St Croix Legend Tournament) and my Cattie rod (G.loomis 11'er med/ heavy action). Depends what the river looks like and how theyr'e biting on which rod I'll choose to use.
    [All my reels are Shimano Symetre's and Stradic]