Early morning or Late evening fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CatfishUgly, Apr 27, 2007.

1. CatfishUgly

CatfishUgly New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im from Oklahoma and I was wondering what time of day you would rather be fishing, or what time of day you have had the most luck with.
    Ive caught alot of channels in early morning but i catch more flatheads in the evening.

What time do you like to fish?

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'd fish morning, noon, and night hehe...

Channels, doesnt really matter what time you go. They are usually easy to find anytime..
    for Flatheads I prefer evenings... Body of water, time of year, and weather patterns change that though.. River Flatheads mucho easier to find in the daytime than Lake Flatheads imho....

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Tim. I feel according to the tides and solar timetables fish will feed at different times. I think the best fishing time is when you can get out and go.:big_smile:

4. Krauseb

Krauseb New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Here in north Alabama, I fish the Tennessee river and go after mainly blues. I get all my catches between 9:00 - 11:00 in the mornings. Normally I don't get any bites until about then and about 11:00 it turns right off and I know its time to go home.

I know this doesn't help you out too much.

5. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think that the fishin' on the Ohio River is best in the early morning, around 6:30 all the way untill 11:00 or so. That is definitely the best time (atleast when you have freshly caught shad to use for bait) for the blues and channels; in big numbers too. Late evening threw the midnight hours, with a live baitfish on the other end of the line, would be the best time for flathead fishing.

6. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    With me it is any time or chance I get to go.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Start early in the mornin and stay till the next mornin. LOL!

8. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Most catfish are naturaly nocturnal feeders and move in closer to the shoreline and shallows all thru the night. I do catch cats in the day but get larger numbers and size when fishing from about 10pm thru 8am. Goodluck

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Fish when you can.

I have had phenominal bites during all hours of the day...except 3-5 in the morning. That always seem like a dead time!! :big_smile:

Personally, I like being out there early. More for the peace than anything. I love being out before sunrise and seeing the world come to life.

One of my favorite things is to fish near a bridge during the week where I can see rush hour traffic heading inot town!!!!! :lol:

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you can get your bait to them, I think they will eat any time of day. Sunday, my first fish came at high noon.

11. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I dont do mornings. not because they dont bite but I like to sleep. If I'm fishing in the morning its because I didn't go home the night before.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    below the dams on the arkansas rive where i spend most of my timei like to fish the rip rap 100 yds or so from the dam.i fish the last 3 hours of day light and the three hours before daylight.it seems early i catch them returning to rocks from feeding and late i catch them leaving to go feed .im fishing for flatheads.

13. jonboy4542001

jonboy4542001 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish both evenings and mornings. Fishing seems better in the evenings, but that could be because i fished all night and sleepy in the morning....:confused2:

14. jacob

jacob New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i too have more luck in the evening

15. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i will fish whenever but the best times for me usually are early mornin right around sun up,and at night .

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I fish when I can. On the Arkansas river the fish bite at different time. some in morning and so late. If in 30 min. I dont have a bite I move to a new spot. I go most in day light hours