Early Morning Fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Djtrikee, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I havent had much luck the past few days, but trying out a new area for me, which is west part of columbus between Columbus and Dayton. Does anyone have any experience over there? Looking for big cats, carp, or bass? Im just going to do some scouting myself. Ill let everyone know what happened.

2. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can use Google maps satellite images of your area, or the area you want to check out, it'll save you a lot of foot work, and maybe show you some places you might have missed due to poor access not letting you readily scout the area. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

3. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was just down there on scioto south of greenlawn, over near 762. Didnt catch anything had a couple of hits, but used live and cut bait..worms...chicken liver. I am going to try farther south in next couple days

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are bank fishing you are gonna need to hike to the "good" spots.Those bridges are fished heavily because of the easy access. One good spot down there is north of 762 at the powerplant but it is a haul on foot. Try downtown north of Greenlawn Ave. at the lowhead dam there, seen pictures of some nice ones that came from there at r&r sports on front st. There are a few good spots south of 270 bridge too but it is a haul on foot also. Good luck.

5. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the advice, looks like im taking a hike on sunday