Early Morning Fishin' Trip...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Left out this morning around 4:30, an arrived at the Chatawhatchee River at 5:00. Bait was fresh cut blue gill, and live blue gill once I caught a few. First fish on was a Gar, about three pounds. He in turn became cut bait. Those things have some heavy armor, I just peeled the meat from the skin. As I sit waitin for a bite it started to get first light, a boat passed going on down river, and no sooner the clicker went off. Alright this is gotta be a cat, but to may dismay it was a bout a 30 lb. soft shell turtle. The hooks I was using worked good though, hooked him right thru the top of his skull, lost the hook though, I decided to let the big rascal have it, so I cut the line at the knot. I stayed til 1:00 pm and considered myself whipped again by the Chatawhatchee River. By the way I was fishin from the bank, on bottom. It was still fun, just to be able to sit there that long enjoying nature.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good story,at least you caught something.I went yesterday evening and only managed 1 little bluegill which I used for bait.Thanks for sharing!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Youll get the cats the next time around

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    enjoying nature is what it's alll about better luck next time

5. charliep

charliep New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's why we keep going back. We are always gonna git em next time!!!!

6. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I have decided that next time I am taking my boat. I want to get out there and read the depths of the areas I am fishin and see if I cant find the deep holes for after it turns daylight. The nights are starting to get cooler and I am thinking they are going to go into a feeding frenzy before too much longer. The river needs to come on up some, that would help a bunch. Our flood stage is 12 ' but the river hit an all time low.5' and has come up to 1.5', really good fishing is around 4-6'.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    youve got to put in yer time i say , a guy that fishes occasionaly wont catch the fish as often as the guy that goes every chance . i try to fish 3 or 4 times a week after all im a PARRISH brother one of two on here and every body knows we catch fish alot of fish , we do this by going as much as possible . i would suggest trying our method but be careful dont let it interfere as i have in your work habits or youll find yourself going broke as i am. good luck and happy fishing , soon youl be catching

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    That's The Joy Of Fishing, Whether You Catch Fish Or Not,just Being Out In The Out Of Doors Is Great

9. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Your get them next time.

10. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Sounds like you had a nice time anyway, bet that turtle had you going for a bit didn't he! That's a good sized soft shell. Next time !!!!

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice story... Maybe next time you can hook into a flatty... but it sounded like a good time

12. cropdusterdave

cropdusterdave New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I always feel good about not catching. That just means that next time I'm due to kill ''em!