Early Goose Opener

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by IL Hunter, Aug 31, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Tomorrow our early goose season opens up. i'm really excited. I'm planning on getting out Saturday Sunday and Monday. I've been seeing quite a bit of birds flying around. I saw a bunch of geese last night as well as a few wood ducks while I was fishing.

if anyone else wants to talk about early goose here is the thread to do it!

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i dont bird hunt but Good Luck

cept for turkey lol

Jeff

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck, it will be a few weeks before south mo.'s early season starts, but I'll be ready!

4. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yep cant wait
    im gonna concentrate on dove first though probable because of lack of goose spots but ill do some early goosin :)

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm gonna take some dove shot with me too. Those little things will sharpen you shooting skills up like no other.

6. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    do you do your goose huntin around macomb too?
    field or water?
    good luck this season BTW

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hope you have good luck this morning. I'm leaving here in about half an hour. It's raining like mad here so it's gonna be a misserable morning.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I had to go to class today, but I'm going to be out in the blind the next 3 days. Hopefully they want to come where we are. I wouldn't mind having the next few days end with 6 kills.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I wish you better luck than me Brother. We got rained on all morning and ended up with a DOUBLE skunking. A skunking on the birds and my buddy's lab got a direct spray in the face from a skunk and now all my gear and even my boat REKES like skunk. And to top things off I've been getting progressively sicker since I got home around noon.:0a30: Some kind of stomach virus thing or something. Good luck to you this weekend. The way I'm feeling right now, I think I'm done for the weekend already.:sad2:

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dave I thought that kind of stuff only happened to me, hope you feel better so you can get back out there.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I'm feeling a bit better this morning and I'm wishing I was out hunting. But getting some much needed sleep wasn't all bad either. Good luck you guys that are out. Be sure to post up your results.

12. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I didn't even make it out. Our blind was done, but a muskrat busted a hole in the levy so when we went to flood the silt basin it wasn't holding water. We're all set up now, but with school its going to be the weekend before I get to get out their again. Hopefully the teal will be down too and it will give me a little variety. I did get 75 shells run through my gun today so I'm warmed up for shooting.

13. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    gesh that sucks

but u should let me come up and trap them lol

ill take care of the muskrats

well good luck when u get out

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Doesn't sound like anyone's weekend went well. :sad2: I'm gonna try somewhere else in the morning but I'm not getting my hopes up because it's public water too.

15. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Well is was the start of the hurricane weather hear it was drizzling and nice we had five of us in a farmers field in layouts with ony a dozen and a half of decoys the geese have been using the field for 4 days now. well we shot them pretty good! we got 30 and was done by 8:00am the limit was 8 per person but we stopped early not to shoot out the field and save some for another day. It was a great day the dog got plenty of work!!!