Early Christmas!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Patmansc, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Christmas came in November for me this year, in the form of a 1994 18' Four Sons Marine center console with a Suzuki DT55. She needs a little TLC and some hardware before I can take her out and slime her up, but that's ok with me.

I picker her up in Raleigh yesterday, and after getting the trailer hooked up and driving a few feet we discovered that the guy that put on the new tires and bearing buddies had failed to bolt the axle down on the right side. After the seller completed that task, I set out on the drive back home, only to discover 65 miles later that the tire on the left side was rubbing against the fender, which was wearing a groove into the tire. Feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place, I nursed her home for the next 200 miles which took me about 6 hours with frequent stops. Needless to say, the Creator was looking out for me and I arrived home safely, but the new tire is now trashed.

This morning I discovered that the triler tires are not aligned properly, the right being 2 inches behind the lft. So now I need to fix that, as well as get a new tire and a few other things. Regardless, I'm very excited and grateful to have such a wonderful new toy!

Let the smackdowns begin :smile2:

Attached Files:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is a really nice looking boat. Hope you get many years of fishing out of it. Now you just need to get some slime on it.

3. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    great looking boat. That should catch a catfish or two. Congrat!!!

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad you got the boat my catsmacking friend!:wink: Now you can fish all the Catawba tourneys!:big_smile:

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Glad you made it home safely , that is a good looking rig.

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    nice rig Pat
    I figured that after the first part of the story of axle not bolted you were going to have misalignment and tire issues.:cool2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Pat on your early Christmas Toy. Looks sharp.

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I just got off of the phone with Cutbait101, and while talking with him about the problem discovered that the clamp that holds the axle to the trailer is missing on the left wheel, which is why it moved up an rubbed against the fender. Wow!

9. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    VERY nice rig in deed..CONGRATS!!! Let us know if you need any suggestions on cating her up LOL:big_smile::crazy::wink:

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice boat pat, hope you get it on the water soon.

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice boat Pat, man you got a good wife. I was going to tell you to check the clamp, i had one break on me. Again nice boat

12. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Nice ride Pat,Get ya scrimps and get her on the water as soon as ya can.:wink:

13. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    better than my boat which i like to call invisible boat...lmao (for you who dont get it i dont have a boat)lmao...nice looking rig you got there..glad you got home salfey!!!

14. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Pat nice looking boat ,glad you got it home without the axle coming off the trailer an dumping every thing on the road , you are one lucky person

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a real nice looking rig, Pat. I know you're anxious to get out there and test her on the water. Best of luck!

16. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I want to help slime her! She looks great, Pat! Tell Ms. Maggie she doesn't have to by me a new boat for Christmas, I'll be tickled with a new motor!

God Bless All,
    Steve

17. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Nice looking rig Pat!! Now go and get her slimed up!!!!:cool2:

18. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    congrats on the new toy Pat..lookin good, best of luck with her ; )

-Jim-

19. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    nice boat pat you will like it a lot better than your other boat (bait boat now:wink:)

20. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    nice boat!!!! very nice!!!!