Early bird gets

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Kutter, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Early bird gets the garden tilled on March 9th, 5-6 weeks before normal. Still too early to plant here, but hopefully will get a jump on killin weeds. Normally, it is way too wet to till before mid April.
    Either way, I had fun tilling.

2. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Hope to get my Tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and squash all in by the end of the week. Were suposed to get some rain:0a32: mid week and cool down to the low 30's but I got covers for the tomatoes.
    Biggest garden I ever had, 25 tomatoes.Squash between all of them.
    Good luck to all with the gardens...we're gonna need it!!!

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yep, Kutter, our weather's fixing to change again tomorrow. It's been really great for over a week; mild, but really windy! It's 80 right now; only supposed to be 59 tomorrow w/rain & North winds. Looks like it'll set in for a few days, then hopefully it'll be over. My cousin says he broke over his garden spot this past weekend; said the dirt was perfect.
    Wally, sounds like y'all are gonna be busy!!
    Good luck to all of ya! I'll check back soon for an update!

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wont be able to plant here till around may. I have a good layer of bunny poop on mine,Just waiting for the wind to lay so I can water it and till iy in,Dont do much to TRY to water when ya have 35+ winds continually.:sad2:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I tilled mine a couple weeks ago. Want to get some pelletized lime and work into it.Also need to clean neighbors barn out and work it in. I seen the feed store had onion sets out front today and hopefully get them in the ground this weekend.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My field has white caps on it and ducks swimming in it,,,,, I think it is still a little to damp to till.

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:...Ya think???....

8. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    1 Masectomy (Mother - In- Law), 1 Stomach Surgery (wife), 2 trips to the eye Dr. (me), 1 trip to the Dentist, and 2 weeks later...My Garden is in !!!!
    Still no rain, temp into the low 90's
    Even had time for an entire day of fishing with my son !!!!

Man...I'm livin' right !!!!:cool2:

9. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    No garden this year again, I miss that. hope fully things will get back to that fresh garden food, I ll have to go to the farmers market , good luck with the garden