Early April catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Redtick, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I was crappie fishing on a local river and had a big cat break me off on my crappie pole, so I decided to try for some cats. I caught these 3 in less than 1 hour. But, with the freezing weather we are having, I don't look for the crappie or catfishing to be any good for a few days. It was nice to catch a few though.

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Looks like some good eating. Thanks for sharing!!!

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    we got some nice ones this week. largest 8#.4oz. i caught 4 in the 2 to 5 # range. i cant post the pics right away. there on a toss camera. not a dig.

4. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    You are right this weather is the pits.Got three days off and i know the fish around here will have lock jaw.I ran hounds for 25 years that other good dog Black an Tans alot of fun but you can only get so much into one 24 hour day.Looks like a fish fry to me.Well good Luck

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good going Dave, with this cold front coming, I think I'll put off fishing for another week. I like warm.:smile2:

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    I must still be young and dumb or its my wyoming blood but im getting up at 5 to give it a try. My premise is that a fish has to eat weather permitting or not. And i also always thought a person should be rewarded with a big fish for being "tough enough" to be out there in the first place. As homer simpson said; "ignorance is bliss". Will post report manana.

Dru

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Those are good eatin size.

8. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That good to hear that someone is catching something. I would like to go and try it this weekend, but I probably won't make it, maybe next weekend I'll have a chance, plus it may even be warmer.

9. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I found these about 50 miles South of my home yesterday (Saturday). Usually, when I find morel mushrooms, the catfish and crappie are biting real well. I don't think I will be finding mushrooms, catching cats or crappie, or be warm working outside for a few more days but it has to happen sometime soon!

Attached Files:

10. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Nice fish, and I was starting to lose hope!