Eagles

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I had a deer rib cage laying in a trailer from the muzzel loader season. Decided to get rid of it yesterday. Put it in the hay field west of the house to see what would come in to it. Mostly crows this morning. Then the crows disapeared and a Bald Eagle had run them off so he could eat. Boy the crows were voiceing their opinion. Then later this afternoon what looked to be a Golden Eagle was getting his fill. Boy they are big birds. It is so cool to be able to sit in the house and watch this kind of thing out of your window.

Tom

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I thought this was going to be about hotel california or tequila sunrise.:laugh1:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We have several balds around here now. Mainly eatin carrion and fish i think. Couple years ago i was brickin a house in Bella vista and a golden soared over the house and it was huge. much bigger than a bald. Only one i ever seen i think. I like to watch em.

4. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wish you would have taken some pics and shared..I'd love to see that!!

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They are beautiful birds to watch. I went to our local lake last week jus for a drive and spotted one in a tree. As luck would have it, I took the binoculars out of the truck, so I couldnt watch it like I wanted to. Still it was an awesome sight to see it take off in flight. Kansas is to well known for Eagles, but there are some around.

6. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have tons of bald eagles on the Miss R, and we often havta race em to a downed duck during season, but didn't know the state had golden eagles. I'd like to see one.

BTW, they taste just like chicken ya know, or is that spotted owl?

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    that is so funny Jeff, i was thinkin along those lines. for a moment when i saw the thread, i was thinkin dang i knew i liked Tom for a reason. then i saw we was talkin bout the bird not the band.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hey Swampfox along the lines of the Eagles band they had some of the best songs ever written.

Tom

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    When I was doing construction we had a job up in Canada and they had a place up there that got injured birds back in shape to release back into the wild. They had a gold eagle there. Freakin' things are HUGE when you're about 6' from them. They had their feet tied down to a stake so folks could see them up close and they supported the place by charging admission to see the birds.

10. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    We have been seeing a lot of eagles around the dam and river at warsaw. We caught a catfish the other day and threw it into the water must of been cold because it stayed on top of the water for a long time floating up river and a eagle swooped down after it.

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    amen brother, the Eagles rock. also like Steve Miller, Eric Clapton, Allman Brothers. yeah man im down with it.

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Been seeing a lot of eagles on the river. They are so neat to see, and they are a symbol of power and grace.

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I saw a Bald Eagle while I was out earlier this morning. There was about 7 or 8 crows diveing in on him while they were in flight just pestering the heck out of him. Those crows are like a bunch of bullies at grade school. Just gang up on someone and pick on them. Wish I could have stuck around to watch it longer.

Tom

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    According to MDC, Mo. has the highest population of over-wintering bald eagles. I haven't seen any this year...mainly because I haven't been out much, but I got some pictures of an eagle with 2 chicks a couple of years ago up at Mark Twain Lake. Also saw one stalking a fish on my trotline one morning. I now make sure my first hook is deeper in the water. It would be AWEFUL to catch an eagle.

15. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    There is some you tube videos on golden eagles that show them taking down a goat , deer , and a wolf. It was amazing.

16. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    We see a golden every year at truman somewhere, the fed. reserve at smithville in the winter holds 15 to 20 bald eagles, they are working over the injured snow geese, its a great sight, they will fly over the huge flock and most will get up and fly and the ones that don't usually have been shot and they swoop down and nail them, after that the eagles just line up for a turn at feeding.