Eagle Transducer

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by MoMudCat, Mar 19, 2009.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I am looking at buying either the Eagle FishElite 480 combo or the H.Bird 580 combo. I don't really know anything about either, but right now I have a Lowrance X52 on my boat. If I can use the same skimmer transducer / power line, It may make my decision a lot simpler!! :) Does anyone know if they use the same plugs? Any opinions on either unit welcome also.

thanks,
    Jim

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Not too likely the x52 ducer will fit either one of the others; if it does it would only be the lowrance, not the HB. If you call the folks at LEI extras http://www.lei-extras.com/store/default.asp they can tell you for sure.

3. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Thanks Tommy,
    I just thought that Lowarance and Eagle were basically the same company and when I saw the Eagle came with a "skimmer" transducer I thought that maybe they would interchange. I'll check with them.

Jim

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    They are the same company, but different years and models call for transducers with different colored connectors. If the colors match, then they will usually interchange, but I don't know of any way to tell for sure; even if they are interchangeable, the part numbers may be different.