Eagle silent sixty WP help

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by shortbus, Apr 12, 2006.

1. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    My dad gave me an Eagle silent sixty WP locater for my boat. He called it a (spinner or rotator or something like that). It has no graph type readout. I know how to adjust it in and read bottom levels. My dad explained to me that you can tell by the way the orange bar looks if the bottom is mud or rock or seaweed. he also said you can see structure and fish on it. I cant see anything but a solid bar that goes up and down in level. I don't have the manual for this but if anyone knows the trick to reading this please let me know. I know it's not really a "fish" finder but i would like to be able to read structure with it.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey shortbus try going to Eagles website. You can download operator manuals and they might even have a simulator.

ST

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah I went there and they didn't have my model listed. I read thru the tech about how sonar works and that did help some. My dad called the locator a "flasher" and says he can detect jig heads on it when crappie fishing, lol. I don't know about all that.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Let me see if I can help here.Go to the Lowrance website.Pull up an emulator for the LCX110c.On the right hand side of the screen you will see a feature called the Fastrack Flasher Bar.This bar shows what a flasher "Sees".Better yet it shows the flasher version of the pixel picture right next to it.So you have the best of both worlds right there.Can't think of a better way to learn what a flasher does and sees and how it relates to the screen picture.Flashers are old technology and the very first Lowrance finder the famous little green box was a flasher.Those that learned on them swear by them and may be able to see a crappie jig.In the latest Lowrance catalog there are no more flasher type units that I could find,although some where still available about 2or 3 years ago.I know some guides at Santee that still use flashers even though it is right next to a modern "Screen" type unit.Hope this helps.:) ;) :cool:

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Jim, Before I bought an X107C a few weeks ago and I downloaded that emulator and was playing with it and got it over on that flashgraph. I could probably tell as much about what is going on underneath the boat by watching some pretty Christmas lights as I could that thing. But, like you, I know some old timers that swear by 'em.

ST

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I forgot about Flashgraph, I was refering to the vertical flasher bar on the right of the screen.I never could make hide nor hair out of the flashers,but there are those that swear by them.As an interesting side note I did battle with Lowrance for 2 years trying to get them to make that flasher bar a On/Off option and they wouldn't do it until I wrote Darrel Lowrance personally and explained my reasoning.Then the did make it optional on the high end models as part of a free software upgrade.:)