Eagle Fishmark 480 What am I seeing ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Drawout, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Here are a few pics need help determining what they are.

Attached Files:

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Few more pics same lake.

Attached Files:

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I just learned the basics of my sonar, so I'm no pro, but this is what I assume:
    It seems to me like a lot of that stuff is just debris picked up via a medium-high sensitivity level (the particals spread all over)
    Now a few of these may be baitfish, but I'm not sure, could also be a christmas tree or some type of brush in one picture (the one with extreme lump in the middle).
    The last one definately looks like a fish on the bottom but your transducer may be a little off-kilter, so it only picked up half the arc...

Wait for more experienced input, as I am also, haha ;)

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for your input ive heard good things about this unit i guess ineed better settings and possibly a transducer move.:confused2:

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Also a lot of times when this debri looking stuff is appearing the alarm will be sounding like it is fish ???:crazy:

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    bump to top :big_smile: :confused2:

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Eagle has a web site where you can ask and obtain all info necessary for your fish finder look in your instruction manual it has the site listed i have the same one and i love it the top view does not look correct to me i could be wrong when your on the arch mode it is the most accurate..but you have to study it harder..check the website out.:smile2:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i say its bait schools in the middle of the day. i find area like that on my lowrance and when anchored they come and go. everynow and then a old cat will be in there with them too. strange that its on the bottom so thats why i say middle of the day or after the sun has came up. before first light i get a lot of bait closer to the top. water depth is not that deep so i believe bait is what you are looking at.

it could be turbulance if your fishing in a river too.

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Drawout looks ta me like your seeing alot of weeds and stumps the clutter you see cud be debris kicked up by either you trolling motor or outboard just judging from the depth adjust your sens., gain down a little....in the deeper water the pics look like weeds, hydrilla or milfoil judging by the depth also quite a few stumps in thar the weeds are the narrow looking spikes the stumps are the more solid echos...How does one say Bass fishin hole.... the large dark echo cud be a large dense weed bed or a dense school of shad maybe an ol' boat....the last pic iffen I seen it on my finder would be supper that fish is probably on the prowl....Looks ta me like a large cat or huge bass...Probably came outta that deeper water you kin see in the finder.. You read the destructions of your finder and just anaylize what you see after awhile it'll become your eyes.... good fishin.......

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for the replies guys,ive read and read and read but it is amazing what other expirience can tell you so im gonna keep fiddling with this new unit and post pics along the way for opinions.thx.

11. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    No problem, as I've said I am just learning my sonar unit and its so much fun!!! One time I actually saw some arcs along the bottom in 16 feet of water, pulled the boat into position to anchor, and caugt a few small blues! Once you get it down its very rewarding....

I've also seen an arch on my screen that went almost completely across it in 8 feet of water, all an arc, not a straight line!!!! (as the fish would be following under the transducer) I saw it on the screen and threw the cast net in that area but I think by the time I got the net ready it was gone....

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    At 12-13' you won't likely see fish arches. Your sensitivity is turned up a little too high. Try playing with it to reduce the clutter. I'm seeing bottom structure and what looks like grass in the first one (not very clear) with probably some small baitfish mixed in. I do think your sensitivity is a little too high for that shallow water. Keep questioning what you see. That's the way to learn. :smile2:

13. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Just got in from another skunking only one sandbass caught. here are a few more pics i think contain fish !

Attached Files:

14. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    2 nd two pics are basicly the same first pic is same depth but different part of lake.

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good deal, now you're seeing fish arches in the deeper water. Keep fine tuning the adjustments.:big_smile:

16. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Im glad to hear that im getting closer,now; i just gotta learn where to anchor when i see this on graph

17. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Good thread Johnny,. I'm doing the same as you but i'm starting a bit later in life. I'v got an Eagle 520C and i'm still trying to learn how to set it. the first thing I did was hide the Book from myself so I wouldn't lose it. I did a good job because I still can't find it.
    Anyway here are a couple pictures I took yesterday on Kaw Lake Oklahoma and also a picture of some Blues somebody had cleaned at the dock/ramp. there were 11 of them floating that I saw. Trot Line fisherman were everywhere. Water temp was lower 50s, slight ripple and We never had a pull all day. fished 8 dif locations.

View attachment 22188

View attachment 22189

View attachment 22190

18. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Some people are inconsiderate to others, Thx for posting your pics First thing I would do is turn the fish id off and go by arches cause lots of things trigger the symbols trotlines turtles tree limbs.Looks like you found a good brush pile,or maybe shad and the fish are their because of it.Keep the pics coming cause i think this will be a help to a lot of members.:smile2:

19. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
  20. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Looks like grass beds or weeds to me-the last pic in the first set looks like a rock pile.Use the "Fishreveal "feature- it sometimes shows you fish hid in the weeds.