Eagle fishmark 320

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by catchaser1, Feb 26, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    would anyone be gracious enought to tell me the optimum settings for a eagle fishmark 320. Sensitivity, gray line, ect.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You'll have to experiment on the water you fish to find the best setting, but in general for Lowrance / Eagle sonar units you can try these as a starting point:

Use manual mode for both sensitivity and grayline if you want the best control of your unit - otherwise, it will be constantly adjusting the settings and you're never quite sure what it's showing you. And of course turn off the fish ID symbols. They're worthless.

Sensitivity around 75 to 80 or so -- if you're fishing muddy water, it will probably need to be lower; if you're fishing very clear water, it can be higher. Adjust it to the point that you start to see garbage on the screen, then back off until it's almost gone.

Grayline - I'm no expert, but I'd set it high enough to make a thin black line between the water and the bottom. That probably doesn't make sense - you want it high enough that you can distinguish the bottom from the water column, but not so high that everything is a single color. It's helpful to know what the bottom composition is like when you're adjusting it and to know what "that kind" of bottom should look like on the sonar.

When in doubt, RTFM.

Here's a good article on setting the color line on Lowrance color units - the principles apply to monochrome units also: http://www.hightechfishing.com/colorline.html

And this is an excellent tutorial on sonar use, sure to teach you a thing or two: http://www.hightechfishing.com/lowrancetutorial.html

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    thanks alot, very good help

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    In the river I set my sensetivity around 60-65 to block out trash headed down river.I also set my depth manually,that way you can zoom in on any section of the water column.As for gray scale,never touched it.