Eagle fish finder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by seaark, Jan 27, 2007.

1. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am looking to buy a new fish finder and was wondering if anybody has any knowledge on the Eagle Sea Champ 2000c. It looks like a good unit. 480x640 color screen, 500 watts and a 7 inch screen.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glenn, that should be a good choice, but you probably don't need the dual frequency transducer. The dual frequency usually has a narrower cone on the high freqency mode than a comparable single frequency transducer, so in shallow waters, say up to 50', you may not see quite as much of the bottom as you are used to. The unit can be fooled into seeing a wider cone by adjusting the sensitivity higher, though. I purchased a separate single freqency for my lowrance, actually have both transducers mounted on the transom, but I mostly use the single. Not a huge difference, but it is noticeable.
    Are you looking at getting the gps module, too, or just sonar? The 7" screen would be nice to have, but it's naturally gonna cost ya more than the standard 5".

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Glenn check out the e-bay stores,you can buy a fishstrike 2000C with gps module brand new on some of the sites for under 700:00

4. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks guys. Hey Tommy. Haven't talked to you in a while. I found the 2000C for $500. Seemed like a good price to me, but it does have a df transducer and I new I didn't need that. I would have to buy a single frequency. I think I'll just buy the LCX-17 and an X-135 or X-125 for the bow. I have a few things to sell like my fish finder and gps unit and an under water camera that I never use. Cabelas has the LCX-17 for $500 and I don't think I need the color screen. I'll just have to buy me an antenna. Do you know if the LCX-17 will accept a larger memory card than the 256. I've got several 512's and a few 1gb's. Also, can I run both fish finders at the same time without messing up the signal to either unit.

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glenn, there's no reason you can't use that dual freq. transducer. I was just making the point about it have a little smaller cone angle. The LCX-17 is a good unit, too. The gps module will probably run you about $260 roughly, so you might balance out all the costs first. Also do a google search and you may find whichever unit you decide on, online for a better price. I don't know of any reason the large memory cards won't work. You can run two transducers at once, but sometimes they may try to read each others signal, from what I've heard. This can usually be reduced by adjusting the ping speeds differently on the sonar units. Another option is to have both sonars use the same transducer via a switch.

6. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks Tommy. Appreciate the info.!!! Now I just got to make my mind up.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    glenn i would make sure that both depth finder work on the same buttons. like i had a x-91 on the bow and x15 at the wheel. i had to figure out how to run two differnt depth finders because all the buttons on one did differnt thing on the other. didnt use the 91 that much so i couldnt get use to it. i later found another 15 from cabelas and replaced the 91. now they are both the same. much easier for me.

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Chris, that's a very good suggestion. :0a27:

9. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am really having a hard time deciding on which unit to get. I've looked at the lcx-17, 111c hd and the 38c hd. But the 111 and the 38 are going to set me back quite a bit. Especially if I get 2 of them. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I know which ONES I want though. Thanks guys

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Let us know what you end up with. Those are all good units, but so are the eagles, at less cost. Decisions, decisions....