Eagle Cuda 250

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by HUSKER77, Sep 11, 2006.

1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    I Posted This A Few Days Ago Under "Fishing Electronics Review." I Just Now Found This "Fish Finder Review And Study" Section Here On The Boc. As I Have Posted In The Other Section, I Am Thinking About Purchasing An Eagle Cuda 250 Fish Finder. I Know, I Know, Its Not The Best Quality, But It Fits In My Budget(epty Pockets! Lol!) And It Has A Built In Gps Antenna With Its Built In Mapping Program All For About $200.00. I Would Appreciate Some Feedback On This Decision (Good-Bad).
    Thank You!

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey John, I not familiar with that particular finder but Lowrance is thought of pretty highly here by the Brothers. I understand that Eagle and Lowrance are made by the same folks. There should be some along here directly that can give you more specific details.

st

3. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    that unit should and will kick butt, i had the old model 240 in my big boat, bought a new Garmin 198c (1800 bucks) and put the Eagle 240 in the jon boat, now the jon boat has a killer sonar AND gps ! that 250 will not do you wrong

4. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    John (HUSKER77): I just did a real quick review of the CUDA 210 manual. The only drawback that I can see is the maps provided are of "medium" detail. They are probably more than adequate for navigation purposes
    BUT will not contain any lake/river contour information. Channels will probably be marked (but I am not positive). It does not appear to me that you will be able to upgrade the maps.

Eagle does make an excellent product and a great value for the $$$$. Good luck in what ever you decide.

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    The maps that are included is all you get. There's no "upgrade" available to the higher quality maps, as far as I know.

6. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    THANK Y'ALL FOR ALL THE INPUT, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    John
    I have a Cuda 240 on both of my boats and they work just fine,the GPS feature is not upgradeable and doesnt have all the detail but for directions and marking my hot spots, it works great. The sonar portion of the unit is adequate, leave the fish finder feature off and turn the sensitivity up to about 77%. For the price of these units, you cant go wrong. You can also purchase a variety of replacement parts for these through LEI Electronics on line, transducers,mounting brackets, and swivels.