Eagle Cuda 128

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by lakeith, Dec 27, 2005.

1. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    What's up? The wife got me a a Eagle Cuda 128 for Christmas and i was wondering if anyone had any experience w/ one of these. I've got a Bass Tracker last june but, i've never has a fishfinder.

2. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I've got one and it's fantastic. I'm amazed how accurate it is for the price I paid. Best money I ever spent.

Steve

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have used them and they are great for finding structure and depth. And if you are lucky you might even find a fish or three!!! These are good tools to use at the price.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've got the 168, its the same as the 128, just a few more pixels. Lowrance builds the Eagles, also has a Lowrance model that uses the same case and button arrangement as on the Cuda's. Its a great depth finder, helps with structure, but maybe I'm not working it right. I've never seen fish on the thing.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I also have the Eagle Cuda 168.

It works great for me. Just study the Manual good. Be sure and set the Transponder like the Manual show's, or it won't work correctly..

Also don't depend on the fish symbols as they are not always right.

Go by the fish arches and you will have better luck...

6. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Thanks for the review, i feel confident now my wife did a good job. One more question: how hard is it to mount on the boat?

7. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    It's easy as pie and takes no big amount of time to mount one. =)

Steve

8. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    My uncle has a 168 and according to him it works pretty well. I got the 240 which also has gps but no mapping. I think its pretty similar to yours and ive got nothing but good things to say about it so far.

Mounting is really easy. Predrill couple holes for transducer and another to run wires, use marine grade sealant then screw everything in. Took me about 30 minutes to do it all.

9. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Well, now all i have to do is wait for that unberable cabin fever to set in and drive me crazy for the next 2 to 21/2 months! It's alot easier since i became a unsucessful hunter though.

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Just drive a south and you can fish this winter.

11. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I'd love to go down south for some fishing but, got a 1month old beautiful daughter and i'm gonna have to fight w/ the wife just to get out this spring.

12. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    if you had your choice between a 168 or a 128 portable which would you choose? i have a gift card for gander mnt. i went there and they had the 168 for $99 and the fisheasy 240 for the same price but they didnt have the 240 in stock. they are going to try and get the 240 from another store but had to wait till after the 1st of the year to try. so if they cant get the 240 its the 168 for $99 or the128 portable for $89 or the humminbird max 20 for $99.

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Have never used the 240, so can't say. Had problems with a Humminbird, but that may have just been the one I had. Traded it in for the 168. The 168 and 128 are basically identical, except for the number of pixels. Supposedly, the 168 has better grahpics, but don't believe its by much. Either of those two are fine.

14. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
  15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good question!!

I'm thinking about the 168 for myself as well.

16. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    128 has 128x65 pixels while the 168 has 168x132. So the 168 has almost 3 times more pixels and would be well worth the additional 30 bucks in my opinion. Other than that there is no difference between the two.

The 240 has 240x160 pixels and adds gps, other than that its pretty much the same. I just got the 240 because it was on sale for 149 at basspro and the 168 was 99 bucks so.

Might want to check ebay for some prices on fishfinders as you can find some good deals there

17. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Kevin, thank you for the information.

18. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    No problem tony,

By the way you can download an emulator of the 240 Here There are no emulators for the 128 or 168 but the 240 is pretty much same in use. Gives you a chance to play around with it before you buy it.

19. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    thanks for the update, I'll be sure to check it out

20. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Good stuff guys i think i'm convinced to upgrade to the 168 now.