Eagle Creek?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by motodragon2003, Aug 22, 2006.

1. motodragon2003

motodragon2003 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is there any restrictions at this lake? I know the park there, I use to fish at closes at a certain time but wasn't sure about if I drop my pontoon in the water.........do I have to be done by a certain time or anything?

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Bro! Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I live right next to Eagle Creek and fish it probably too much. There are no time restrictions, there is a mechanical $2 charge gate and a 10hp motor limit, although I have taken my 60hp out there and just used my trolling motor:wink: I'm still looking for a big blue in there, I have caught ones up to 8lbs. So there have to be bigger ones. I caught the 52lb flattie in my avatar in Eagle Creek, it suprised me that there was a fish of that size in there, a good suprise! Good luck!!

3. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live NW of INDY in Z-Ville gonna give this catfishing thing a try. Been a while. I plan on hitting Eagle Creek. Care to share any fishing tips as to who what when where? I plan on fishing out of a small boat. I've quizzing the local bait shop but don't seem to get many answers. Not particular just want to catch some cats.

4. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Getting ready to snoooz! Give you full details tomorow.
    Eric

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im in avon and i fish Eagle creek alot also... but i havent caught anything of size out of there but waleye... guess i'll have to keep trying

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well over the week here my brother and I have gone out a couple of nights on the reservoir and we've caught 4 nice size channels and about a 7-9 pound blue. The channels we caught were nice size too, the biggest one was about seven pounds. We found out about some new spots and they have been pretty good to us so far. Their is a submerged bridge on the North side of the reservoir when traveling over 56th Street, right by where the Rowing boat finish line is. Another good spot is Just North of the bridge and curve to your left, there are a lot of trees sticking out of the water, where the is structure there is usually cats. We haven't caught any flatheads in that spot but we've caught nice channels there. Good Luck and let us know how you do.

7. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I havent tried these spots but if you and your bro dont mind i would like to give them a go......

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Go ahead! Make sure you let us know how you do. Good luck and I hope you catch some fatties!!

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Sweet..... I will inform you on how well i do.... i may not be able to go till after the Gathering though.. maybe me you and eric can meet up and fish it....

10. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Shane,
    The flatheads in Eagle Creek, in my opinion, are few and far between. We've trot lined the heck out of both holes Ryjoe talked about on the previous post and have not caught a single flattie, just a few channels and a blue. We use nothing but live bluegill, and still no flatties. I think the shallower and narrower north end of the resevoir is the place to check out, it's where I caught my 52lber anyways. It's tough to get around in a boat up that way, tons of stumps, but there aren't really many good places to bank fish either, so I had better buy a keel shield! We'll get in touch with you about going out in the boat. Take care!

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the northern part of the lake... back by the bird sanctuary... but all i have used up that way is Shrimp.. and catch blues and channels... I'll just wait till you all have the time and we can meet up and catch some flatties... but thanks for the info