Eagle Creek - White Catfish

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok, I have a question and hopefully might get some answers...

I have a friend that fished up at Eagle Creek, he caught some of what he assumed were just albino catfish which is what I thought as well. After asking at the park he was told they arent considered albino but they just simply call them White Cats. They said they dont know how they got into Eagle Creek but they are there.

They said they werent intentionally stocked, but they have a population in the reservoir and they are just simply called White Cats...

Can anybody tell me about these so called White Cats?

I am going to attempt to catch some of these and hopefully provide pictures, been told they are easily caught around the bird sanctuary.

I will keep ya'll posted if/after I try to catch some!

2. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    I cat fish eagle creek 1-3 times a week and all I've ever got were channels and blues and a few flatties,I know they exist in IN waters.I f you want to see one my neighbor has one in his pond about 3-4 lbs.

3. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis

I've fished that area for the last few years every spring. The pre-spawn fishing is great there. Never have pulled a white out though.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Keep us informed if you go Jim an how ya did.

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    jim white cats that is what they are called but also i have heard a albino catfish has red eyes so i do not if they have red eyes or not keep us posted

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jimmy's right. Every albino I have ever seen had red eyes... They may just be really light channels

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well that thing looks green and red tail with white streaks

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good luck on your quest brother. hope to see pics soon.

9. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught about a pound and a half cat in a pond in Dugger that had red eyes. I just thought it was some sort of hybrid or something, because other than that, it just looked like a small channel cat to me. Reading this and looking at that linked picture, maybe it was a white cat.

10. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Eagle creek has some really clean cats,almost whiteish silver even the big ones stay light.