eagle creek water levels?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by willybojo, Jun 11, 2008.

1. willybojo

willybojo New Member

State:
    fishers, in
    any of you indpls area guys know how eagle creek is looking after these rains? seems that the hardest hit areas are a little further south, but was thinking about heading out there tomorrow or friday morning.

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Went out there yesterday and it was quite high, very dirty. I caught 2 small carp and a few small channels.

Also went 2 days back and caught 10 small channels and one giant carp.

Good luck if you go.

3. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Click on the Eagle Creek link. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=ind

Looks like it's about 1.5' high right now. I hope it maintains normal pool this year. Any body doing any good there at EC? How about in the past. New fishery for me.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have produced some good channels out of there and there are a few guys on the board that fish the northern creek or whatnot and have caught some nice flatheads.. I hear from the old guys that fish there that they do have some nice blues in there too.. But I have personally never seen one but Im still hopeful... Typer1 on the board could be better of assistance on this area...

5. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis

You've gotta love the old guys at Eagle Creek, they always have stories to tell. :smile2:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know it.. Thats what I love about Weside bait and Tackle.. I could go in there and shoot the s#*t for hours.. But if you really sit and listen you do learn alot

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    If you have a boat, you can find cats in Eagle Creek Res. If not, you are going to have a tougher time. You can catch eating sized channels around Ricks Cafe on Dandy Trail, fish with a slip bobber around the rip rap behind the Cafe. Crappie minnows are working well now, as well as good old nightcrawlers.

If you are trying to hook into a flathead or blue( I have caught one blue in EC, and two flatheads over a 5 year period), I would move to some of the holes on the northern end of the lake. Check out where Fishback Creek runs into the main channel, and try some of the holes just north of Lafayette rd bridge. The 52lb flattie in my avatar came from a spot just north of that bridge.

Good luck! Keep us posted.