Eagle Creek Reservoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by diver268, Jul 14, 2007.

1. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We fished Eagle Creek Reservoir last night from 8:00 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. this mornig. We fished from the 56th street causeway, We used soft craws and shrimp. We only managed to catch 2 channels. Both were around 13". It was a lovely night to be out but not for catching fish. Both cats came off of the shrimp which was surprising. We only had 3 other bites. Planning on going wading next weekend to see if we can do better.

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Some of my most memorable fishing trips have been when it's just a nice night to be out.

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    If you want to catch eating size channels, go right behind Rick's Cafe, and I mean right behind it. There is a private dock behind there, if you fish between the dock and the shore, you will catch a stringer full. We have been killing them on night crawlers back there. Unfortunately, there are not any spots to kick back and relax, but at least you won't go hungry:smile2:

4. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hi Bruce, I've been fishing Eagle Creek from
    shore since spring. But the last month has been
    crap for me.I'm sure a measurable ammount
    of rain could help because the water is very
    low. Don't give up! I'm sure Eric's advise will
    help.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What my Bro said is right, if you fish off the dock right behind Rick's Boatyard Cafe between the dock and the shore you will kill channels all day! People throw food off the balcony like hamburgers and hotdogs and they are there all the time. Good luck guys, you will have one hell of a fish fry!

6. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info about the boat dock. I thought that those are private docks though ? Since I am fishing from shore am I allowed to go out on the docks to fish ? Thanks for the help.

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    The docks themselves are posted as private, although I have never had a problem fishing from the dock. Just be respectful and stay out of peoples way. If you want to play it completely safe, there is a large concrete slab that is right next to the dock entrance, you can cast from there and catch a stringer as well. You fish between the dock and the shore. Good luck

8. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are you on Bottom or Floats....Jeff :wink:

9. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    On Bottom or Floats