Eagle Creek Reservoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ynnad40, Jun 30, 2007.

1. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Going to try Eagle Creek Reservoir for the first time this week anybody have any tips?

Thanks,

Danny

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Are you fishing from a boat or shore? I've seen channels being caught in the small bay by the boat launch by Rick's Cafe. If your in a boat, I would get north of the 56th Street bridge. Fish the weed bed across from the Park Marina, channels there. Go a bit more north and fish the mouth of Fishback Creek, blues (small),flatties, and channels there. Good Luck!

3. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am fishing from a boat. I have to troll out though due to Eagle Creek is a 9.9 and I have 45 on my bass tracker. I have seen some boats put on that I know where not 9.9s It had to be a 25 or so. Thanks for the help all info is greatly appreciated.

Danny

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    is there any fishing to be done below the dam on Eagle Creek? just wondering, thought i overheard a convo in gander mtn once about fishing below the Eagle Creek dam. i've fished below the Geist dam and done well, but its kinda a riskay place to park my car seeing as how it got broken into the last time i went there.

5. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have some buddies that go under the 71st street bridge, over in that area, the sucks when people stesl from ya , worst feeling. DAMN THIEVES, good luck to ya.

6. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    There is great walleye fishing under the dam, but don't park there because you will get towed (you have to park on the side of Interstate 74).

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    haven't seen you on here before Clinton, so i gotta say welcome! yeah i fish that section of fall creek on occasion, i try and hit it after it has just gone done after heavy rains, it gets a lot of pressure so i try and get down there when there is a replenished fish population. Typer, how far of a hike is it from I-74 to below the dam? any catfishing to be done there as well as walleyes?