Eagle Creek Reservoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by metalman, Mar 26, 2007.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    As the rivers are all blown out we spent yesterday drifting the top lake using cut shad. The cats are plentiful and feisty. Biggest was only about 8lbs but we caught fish all day...W

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the Catches.. I useally fish there in the fall.. seem to have better luck.... But i have never tried drift fishing there.. mainly due to the fact that i dont have a boat... But keep it up... Hope you land a good one... Heard stories about there but havent seen anything to back it up yet...

3. Travsher

Travsher New Member

State:
    Columbus indian
    How deep did you find them? Waiting to go myself, and yes the rivers are in a mess. I live on Driftwood river near Columbus and it has been messed up all winter.

4. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Travis,
    They were hitting baits 12"-18" off the bottom...W

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks for the report, and congrats on the catch. Haven't been out to Eagle Creek in a couple of years, might have to give it a shot sometime soon.

6. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks for the info.I know some people that have been there and really have done some good .

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I've got to get out there! I can see Eagle Creek from my living room, but haven't made it to the water yet this year. When you say you were fishing the "top lake", what did you mean? North of 56th St? You drifting the main channel or flats? Thanks for the info! Hey by the way, I caught the 52# flattie in my avatar just north of the Lafayette Road bridge, right across the street from the homestead. Oh, and if you don't mind, what's their bait of choice right now? Good luck out there!!

8. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Eric,
    Yes, north of 56th.
    It didn't seem to matter where we drifted there were fish all over. The rowing club course prevents you from fishing the east side of the lake so that's the only part we didn't fish,
    The bait was cut shad.
    Your big flathead caused quite a stir when you got it. I have fished that lake and creek for 14 years and never caught anything half that size. People say there are some big blues in there but I have never seen one. I believe in 14 years I would have caught at least one so I don't know what to think about that. I do believe we said hello one time, you and some guys were set up way up the creek when I came up there in a green john boat.
    You had best get out there, they are biting...W

9. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Yes, I remember when you came up the creek, man it is shallow up that way, can't believe you didn't bottom out. Thanks for the motivation to get out there, and the tips! I did catch a blue out there one time, maybe 5lbs. I still can't believe I pulled that flattie out of there.

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I netted the monster flat that my brother caught out of the reservoir and I tell you what, it was a monster! We had a fifty pound Rapala hand scale and it buried it with more to give. They're hard to find, but I know they're some bigguns in there. The big flats and blues usually head up stream right past the Lafayette road bridge and feed at night in the shallows. He caught that fattie on a garlic sun cured chicken liver.?:eek:oooh: He had a two way swivel with a live blue gill on one hook and a liver on the other and ended up the Flattie took the liver. Keep us posted on what you guys pull out of the reservoir and we'll let you guys know the spots and hot baits! Good Luck!:wink:

11. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I just moved to the Lebanon and plan on fishing Eagle creek this year. If you see a camo war eagle w/a go devil motor, stop and say hello.

12. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim,

Better be careful with that Go-Devil, Eagle Creek has a 9.9 motor restriction on it. Good luck this summer............Mike:crazy:

13. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have been through that before :roll_eyes: . I'm good to go now ;)