Eagle Creek reservoir updates!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by LilRyjoe04, Aug 17, 2005.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Guys, we went out fishin on the Eagle Creek reservoir last weekend and my brother caught a six pound blue and several small channels. Has anyone else been having any luck, and where? Flats have been hard to come by....WHY?? :eek: Good Luck Fishin Brothers!!

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Everyone,
    This weekend I'll be testing a theoretical honey hole (What does that mean?) in the Eagle Creek Reservoir. If it turns out to be as good as I hope, I will sound the horn on this thread. Good luck!

3. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Well, that new spot was no good, at least it wasn't last night. we caught a small channel cat and of course a snapping turtle! I fished where Fishback Creek enters the Reservoir, there are so many shiners around there that you can feel them hitting the hull of the boat. Oh well, we'll keep at it!

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    It was a terrible night last night. Really Sad :sad: Where are all the big cats?? HELP!!!!!!!!!

5. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Went out last night and fished the rip rap in front of the dam, no luck. Went over to the yacht club, no luck. Even tried around some big downed trees, still no luck. Even though it was very cool last night, the water temps are in the lower 80's and there hasn't been any rain to put in some O2. It seems the flatties are still sleeping in Eagle Creek, I'll keep you all posted.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my theory is watch for the thermal cline on the old depth finder and drift depths that come just about 3 feet below the thermalcline to 3 feet above the thermal cline. Drift drift and more drift. remember dont waist time on dead water fisth the holes, humps and and channel. DRIFT,DRIFT,AND DRIFT. ure numbers will double at minimum. Sure are still some slow nights but few and far between

7. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the information Skippie. I have never drift fished before, and it seems like many people have great luck using the technique, so I will definitely give it a try. It will be fun trying something new, thanks again, I let you know how it goes.

8. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    typer you wont be disappointed. Always up for new ideas & methods. That way I'm not limited to just 1 method of fishing. Good luck and I want a report. ;)