Eagle creek fishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by j-catfish, Aug 28, 2007.

1. j-catfish

j-catfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    finally was about to get out on eagle creek res. sunday night and did well on catching channel cats. we got a late start so it was about 11 pm before we got out, fished till 4 am and caught 9 channels with the biggest about 5-6 lbs. does anyone have any tips on where all the flattys are hiding at in the res. probably going to hit it again this weekend and any tips would be great .

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Good luck on the flatties in Eagle Creek. I have lived 1 mile from the Lafayette road bridge for 25 years, and I have only caught 2 flatheads. One 20 lbs and another 52lbs, which is my pb. Hey man, I threw him back in there so go put a hook in him! If there is a place to fish for them, try under the Dandy Trail bridge where Fishback creek runs into the reservoir. Good luck!

Oh! I heard that you are not supposed to eat any fish out of there for the time being, at least that is what was said a few weeks ago, just FYI

3. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Where did you hear this Eric?

4. typer181

State:
    Indy
  5. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Sounds great! Where and when?

6. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Need to get out the john boat, how about you Joe? We can hit the hole just north of the lafayette rd bridge. This Wednesday evening works, what do you say? All with small boats welcomed. I noticed the shad we going crazy up in that way tonight, should be good fishing!

7. typer181

State:
    Indy
    We are going out tomorrow night on Eagle Creek at a spot north of the lafayette rd bridge. No need for a boat, the level is so low you can walk to the hole.

8. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Eric, How did you guys do last night. You were all
    loaded for bear when I seen you. I really hope you have some pics to post....

9. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Sorry to say we only caught one small channel. At least we didn't get skunked! It was a nice spot though, and produces plenty when the water is higher. We'll have to go back sometime. Hope you can make it to Clearview Lake this weekend Larry, we will have a great time, a maybe catch fish:smile2:

10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    The blue algie warning is in effect at Eagle Creek.
    I was there this afternoon and there are signs at
    the entry stations that give warnings about it.

11. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know of the ramp at the south end of the lake is there any other? The reason I as is I always use it and I have to troll due to the 9.9 limit. So i always fish the south end of the lake. Went out thursday morning for bass cought two 16" lost my lure and that was it. They wouldn't hit on anything else.