Eagle Creek bait.

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by quackingtim, Apr 18, 2007.

1. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Can anyone help me on where and when to catch bait on this lake. I have yet to use a cast net there.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tim,
    There are usually shad to be had around the supports of the 56th st. bridge and also up at the top of the top lake where the creek comes in. Don't be tempted to keep the bluegills and crappy you will get in the net as the DNR summer interns will probably take you to task about using a cast net as they don't know their @r$e$ from their elbows when it comes to the regulations. Of course catching shad is legal but 'gills and such must be caught with rod and reel...W

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks metalman. I play by the rules. I have caught lots of fish in my cast net that had to be tossed back. Caught some big silver carp on the Tippecanoe. Is there snags by the bridge that I will tear my net on?

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I've been catching shad just north of the Lafayette Road bridge. Some big suckers too. There are some easy to get to spots and not too many roots. I have been catching small white bass with my net, it sucks having to throw them back, but that's the way it goes. DNR is thick up that way. Never tried down by 56th st, but I'm sure the shad are running there as well. Get em while they're hot!

5. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks typer181. I'm trying to get out but the turkey hunting has been taking up all my time.