Eagle Creek at 56th Street

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dburkhead, May 20, 2009.

1. dburkhead

dburkhead New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This location has been recommended to me as a place I can go with my daughter. Particularly recommended was the North side of the west end of the Causeway (mentioned was that the channel wasn't far from shore here).

When I scouted that out, the only close parking I saw was at the Park Office, but it was posted "Parking for Office visitors elsewhere." I was told in another forum that evening and weekends parking there is OK and that the sign is to keep the parking lot from filling up during the week with non-business cars.

Can anyone confirm this? I'd be willing to just chance it and risk a ticket, but the idea of being out by the water with my daughter and coming back to find my car has been towed does not appeal at all.

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Don't sweat it. I used to fish there a lot when I was younger and we never had any problems with parking there.

3. dburkhead

dburkhead New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Other places I've asked this, I've been wondering why people keep directing me to that parking area on the northwest side.

I made a mistake in the OP. I have been fishing on the west side. I want to try the fishing on the east side.

Simply hiking across the causeway is not an option since I usually go with my 5 year old daughter and that's a bit far and traffic on 56th is a bit too heavy for me to feel safe doing that.

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    The east side is very shallow and there is very little cover. I would stick to the west side. Actually, I would park where the large bear statue is and walk north through the trails and fish the cove that's just north of the parking lot.

Never forget the nice hole just north of the Lafayette Road bridge (currently under construction). Park across from the Co-Op and walk straight back over the levee, follow the trail to the right.

Drifting Eagle Creek is the way to go if you want to put lots of fish in the boat.

Good luck!