eagle creek 9-7 report

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by liplifter, Sep 8, 2009.

1. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Went out mon afternoon,fouled carb on motor finally got it started,ran up to the causway,few crappie and wipers,tried to strat motor again to no avail.a nice breeze picked up about 6 and we drifted the ledge in 14-18ft of water over a mile back to the ramp and ended up with 6 eater channels the largest at 19" most were 12-15".saw one guy with no net land about a 15lber by the bridge.beautiful fish very silver and clean.

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Was eagle creek included in the notice for the algae or toxic something I saw on some thread here. I don't think it stopped you from eating your catch, but more like swimming in it if I remember correctly.

3. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    New member here.... First i want to say thanks for your report. I went to EC on Sunday 6th & Monday 7th and got SKUNKED! Anyhow it was my first time there and i went off the 56th st bridge, north end of the trail at the point and back into the cove. Lost my bait (baby shad packaged) twice. My wife got hung up and lost 2 circle hooks. So we were a bit disapointed.

We tried the baby shad, hotdogs, livers mixed with gizzards & heart (i like the hearts and gizzards because they don't come off) Hope to get a couple eatter fish next weekend as I'm the only one that will eat them. Going to try a different spot. Boat should be water ready next yr. so I'm a bank fisherman for now....

Any reason not to eat the fish right now with the high levels of algae?? From what i have found on it, it's toxic and can make you pretty sick...?

4. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to boc. Maybe you can try these homade baits also. Theres so much info on this site I'm still finding http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=212new things all the time.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Nathan.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the board nathan... Try going back to the bird sanctuary and fish with shell on shrimp you find at you local meijer.. Peel the shell off as you use it on a circle and you will slay the channels

7. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey thanks for the welcome guys. I told my wife today i wanted to get some shrimp for this weekend. I plan to go back out Friday evening if it's nice. I've heard down by ricks and the docks are good also... Think i will try floating some bait this time too. We were strictly fishing the bottom.
    I'll post up a report this weekend.

Thanks
    Nathan

8. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Drink the water and eat some dirt like we did when we were kids and you won't get sick.I'll cover my boat hull with sanitizer next trip.:eek:oooh:

9. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2: Funny but probably the truth!!!