Eagle creek 9-11

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by all_clear, Sep 11, 2009.

1. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Going to be heading out there around 8ish this evening, updates later. Wish me luck got skunked last weekend. Going to give shrimp a try this time, along with hotdogs, chicken livers mixed with hearts and gizzards, baby shad (packaged) and see how it goes. Hope to get a couple for the dinner table.

Nathan

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cool man, goodluck! Sounds like it would better to eat some of your baits :big_smile:lol

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    im curious as to how well he has done!

4. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Big ol goose egg. Caught 2 small wipers but not a single cat. :angry:

Went down by the boat docks off to the right and back to the left towards Ricks. OH well

Nathan

5. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll give her a try next weekend. Watching so many boats in and out just makes me want to get the rest of my stuff bought. :eek:oooh: Wish Julio and his 200 buddies would fish somewhere else, like maybe MEXICO! :smile2: Hey maybe i can fish there.....

6. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    hit me up sometime we'll go out and get a fish fry.

7. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds good. Am on call for work now so it will be a bit before i can get back out. Hopefully the bite picks up over the next few weeks.

Nathan

8. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    With some help from a skipjack loving friend of mine, I located a nice flat on Eagle Creek where I have been catching 5 to 10 mainly 2 or 3lb channels whenever I go out. My buddy hooked a 13lb channel while we were drifting using my walleye rod with 8lb test, it took 15 minutes to get him in, it was the first catfish he had ever caught. I will get the pic off of my camera and post it soon.

We have been using some old frozen shad and fresh cut stripers, which I know aren't the best baits.

Does anyone know where I can find some fresh shad around right now?

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    your catching them bro, we need to get together and do some fishing. Skipjack loven friend. LOL

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    we will get all the fresh shad you want.

11. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Below broadripple dam

12. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    been doing well early in the day drifting the causway on the south east side in 14-25 ft.and back up that big 6 ft flat toward the ramp in the evening.