Eagle Claw Water Eagle

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Ahquabi_Master, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Has anyone ever seen, used, or owned one of the taller 9, 10 foot heavy action Water Eagles? I can see on Cabela's and Catfish Connection that they hold 1-5 ounces of sinker, but I don't want to order one, have it get here, and it be too limber. The price sounds awesome for what they seem to offer but I need to see it to believe it. Anyone?

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I often toy with the idea of buying one. I lookat them at academys everytime I go. I think they will hold 5 oz. of lead easily. Maybe more.

3. BMills13

BMills13 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've got a couple of the 8' footers. Good rod for the money, but in my opinion they are pretty soft for their rating. I know you're needin info on the longer rods, but i figure that maybe true of the rods across the board. I do like the action for circle hooks.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    ^What he said!

I've got two 8ft spinning models and they are an excellent rod for the money but I too think they're a little soft. They seem a little soft for anything more than 3oz but I guess that's what they're rated for. We've got cats up to 25lbs on them and they do work well for circle hooks. If you're fishing in a lake you should be just fine with them. I'd get the 10ft model b/c it's supposedly a heavier action rod so it should be a little stiffer than the MH model.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    thanks for the response guys. i did notice on reading those statistics for the 8 footers that their sinker capacity is much lighter - they're good for 1/2 to 3 ounce sinkers, but the 10ers are good for 1 to 5 ounces of weight. I think I might have to be one of the first to try one on these rods on the boards...

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a 10 footer, and you get just what you pay for, which is a piece of junk...Oh it will cast a 5-oz sinker, but do so very easily or the noodle rod will snap.

I would suggest for a few dollars more the american spirt nite stick which will throw 5-ounces with ease.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I do what Jack says. He uses a lot of long rods and he's caught plenty of big fish so if he thinks it's crap then it probably is. Also, the Nite Sticks are good rods, I've got 4 of them and they'll throw 8oz easily.

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

What the Bro here said X2:big_smile:

My Bro has 2 or 3 -9' and I think he still uses one of them, the others are in his basment.I agree with flathunter; I am so used to a good blank that I can almost snap it in half, just by whipping it,to see how it feels.:smile2::smile2: