EAGLE CLAW WATER EAGLE 10 FOOT

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Aug 1, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ANYBODY USED THESE? I JUST GOT ONE YESTERDAY AND HOPEFULLY TODAY I CAN TRY IT OUT...I TRIED TO FLING 9 OZ WITH IT LAST NIGHT AND DIDNT DO TO WELL BUT BACKED OFF TO BOUT 3 OR 4 OZ AND THOUGHT MY WEIGHT FELL OFF THEN FINALLY HEARD IT HIT THE WATER.. THE THING IS BUILT LIKE A BROOM HANDLE.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've got one that is a 2pc. I use it for dip baits only. Not my first choice for big cat rod.

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would look to see if the rod has a lure rating. I would guess it is probably rated aroud 1-4oz. I doubt that rod can handle 8oz.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Havent heard of this rod.. :eek:oooh:

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You finally got rid of the zebco huh? :smile2:

6. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I've got one that is 8 foot, doesn't have much back bone at all for the size rod it is. I caught a 30 lb redfish on it and it took me forever to get him in.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They are decent rods. I've just got the 8ft model and it does really well with 1-4oz weights. Much more than that and it's just too much for the rod.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had one and gave it away, I need to cast 8-0z weights, the rod would not do it..Overall a kinda whimpy rod in my opnion.

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    My son bought one and when we use it we put a 3oz sinker on it max and a nightcrawler.....cant handle much more than that.Wouldnt recommend it.He has since bought a tiger and loves it.It will throw 6 and bait easy.

10. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I caught a 33 lb blue in 5 min one the 10 foot model.It wouldn't be my first choice in cheap rods(I would go with a King Kat).I have slung 16 oz weight and use 8 oz pretty much all the time.I think it handles 8 oz ok.I did have 2 break on me.But it wasn't on a fish or casting.It was from me falling off hills and things of that sort.I think it will handle fish under 40 lbs Ok depending on what current your in.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have this rod in 9' and it is more than capable of landing "BIG FISH". I use 3 & 4 oz sinkers and fish with live bluegills and cutbaits. It can gett'er done!:big_smile: