Eagle Claw "Water Eagle" 10' casting rods ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishingham, Jan 30, 2008.

1. catfishingham

catfishingham New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi All, Considering buying a pare of Eagle Claw 10' Water Eagle rods.
    Question, Does any one have them and what is your opinion on them?

Thanks,
    Dick Keiper, Catfishingham

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC,Richard. I dont have the water eagles,But I have a pair of 'Cat claws they are both 12' spinning rods mounted with Abu 7000 reels on them,I love em.so far . I have only caught a 17.5 blue on them ,but have caught a bunch in the 4-12 lb range and have hooked bigger ones on them ,just didnt get em to shore.:embarassed:any way I think theyre great for the price.

3. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    I have a 10' casting rod. I use when bank fishing. Caught many fish on it the only thing I don't like about it is its a 2 pc. besides that its a good rod.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I bought the 8ft spinning model recently for my fiance and she and I both really like them. They cast well up to 4oz lead. The only thing that I don't like about them is the reel seat seems a little cheese ball, but you aren't going to get a perfect rod for $13.

5. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    When I buy rods I like to actually have them in my hands. I was going to buy one but when I seen it in the store I did not like anything about. To me, the rod did not have any back bone which I prefer. I also did not like the handle I am very selective when it comes to rods.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the boc brother:wink:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey richard, im had a couple eagle claw cat claws too. not bad at all for the price. i liked them. slod them and went to some uglys but have seen the water eagles. yellow rods. not bad. never used one but if there are good as the claws then worth the price.

lol and dont let these guys mess with ya lol, i know you have been around a long time. just dont post as much as the rest of us.:smile2:

8. catfishingham

catfishingham New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys for your replies, They have been very helpful.
    Catsforuandme, Yea been around for a while. I couldn't quite get a
    handle on thr new site when it came up, kept bounceing back and forth
    between the old and new site. I don't quite understand the usefulness
    of makeing posts just to ecumulate points, rankings etc..
    I tend to post when I have a question, believe I can help someone
    with a question, or believe I have info of interest to other members.
    Again guys, Thanks for the info.

Catfishingham :0a31:

9. bookr1

bookr1 New Member

State:
    MO
    I have the 13' spinning water Eagle. The best $30 I ever spent. I caught the fish in my avatar with it. It bent like crazy, but did not break. I only bought it as a temporary replacement while waiting for my other rod to come in. I have thrown up to 8 oz of lead with it.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the usfullness for me is to keep in touch with my friends ive made here. ive met prob 100+ members at gatherings in 3 different states over 5 years. sometimes im post just to say hello to one. some fellas have different uses for this site but mine staterd as a place to ask Q's but turned into a giant family whtch im greatful for. + the ability to ask Q's.:wink:

11. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have the 10footer with a abu7000. I wouldnt trade it for nothing. gets the job done every single time out.

12. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I had a 10' spinning outfit years ago not sure if it was a water eagle thou. It was a bright yellow with cork handle and the eagle claw emblem on the handle. It was one of the best rods I ever bought for the money, it didn't cost that much and it was a quality rod. I still would have it today but a bunch of my rods and reels were stolen out of my car and that was one of them. That was years ago when that happened.

13. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    I bought a 10ft water eagle at cabelas the other day. I like it pretty well so far. Yesterday was the first I've used it. I just took it down to the (iced in:embarassed:) lake to do some practice casts.

I used it for about 30 or 40 minutes. Sometime during that time the threads wrapping the first guide started to look "creased"/started to loosen. I'm not sure how to describe it but you know how threads are covered with a kind of epoxy? Well, the epoxy on both sides of the first guide was "lined" or "creased" like it was loosening up.

I'm concerned about how much use the rod will take before the guide/guides come loose. Oh well, I guess if they do, that'll just teach me to hold out for a more expensive rod.:embarassed: I wanted to get an Okuma Solaris while I was at Cabelas but they didn't carry them. They didn't really have a very wide selection of surf casting rods at the cabelas I went to in Dundee, MI.

14. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i also have to say i like eagle claw rods they was my fisrt reel cat fish rods for the money id say getem youll like them

15. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I just picked up an 8 ft Cat Claw for 19.99 at Academy. I'll fish it this week, but it looks like a real good buy for the price...

16. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I started to go with the 10' water eagles this year, but then I decided to get 2 Pinnacle Catfish Pro rods. They are sweet with the Abu Big Games mounted on them. :wink:

17. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i got 2 of them both are 10 foot. when i first started using them didn't care alot for them until i caught a big fish on one of them..man that thing is like a crain in your finger tips.