Eagle Claw Surfbeast baitcasting reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by xnmcclurex, Jan 20, 2009.

1. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i just ordered a eagle claw surfbeast baitcast reel from catfish connection and i was wondering if anyone has used one? and whats the biggest fish you have caught on it?

2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Welcome to BOC nick, I've never used that reel, maybe you could give us a report on the reel. The baitcasters I use for catfishing are all abu garcias. I hope you keep us updated on your new reel.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They look kinda like a Penn 9. Doubt they are as tough, but they are probably similar in casting ability and such. Shouldn't be a bad reel for the price, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Be sure to let us know how you like it once you get to test it out.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know a guy who used one, and to be brutaly honest the reel was not much...very poor casting distance..You get what you pay for, but hey it may work out ok for you...I tried to cast this reel, i am pretty good with baitcasters, abus, but I could not cast thios reel much over 20 yds without getting backlashes..it's more of a trolling type reel to be used from a boat.

5. reelworks

reelworks New Member

State:
    NJ
    A buddy of mine bought one, took it in saltwater one time, the next morning it was all but seized up. He had rinsed it off but it wasn't enough. Too many cheap internal parts, everything rusted right up. the so called stainless steel bearings were rusted solid by the time I got time to open it up. I was able to fix it, but it's really just another Chinese made reel. Nothing special.
    It may be fine for freshwater or for lighter use. The inside looks pretty light duty compare to a Penn.