Eagle Claw "Ozark Snagger"

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by WV Hillbilly, Jun 6, 2006.

1. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I just got 3 6'6" Eagle Claw "Ozark Snagger" rods rom the UPS man today.
    I ordered them through eBay $25.99 after shipping. Anyone had any expierience with these rods? If so what's your opinion on them.

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    Im Not A Eagle Claw Fan By Anymeans. But My Buddy I Fish With On A Regular Basis Swears By Them. In Fact Thats All He Uses For Catfish Rods. Rather It Be Surf Rods. Or Your Standard 6'6 Rods. They Have Never Let Him Down.

3. dcmust

dcmust New Member

State:
    missouri
    I snag with about 10 people and few of them use those rods. One of them had the real seat spin on it. When I cut it off to put on a new one they had used to little epoxy. But that is the only problem.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't know if they're Eagle Claw or not, but I've got a couple of 'Ozark Snaggers'. I've never used them, because they are so stiff that the only place they would be appropriate would be jerking a big flathead out of a logjam, or something like that. I wouldn't dream of using less than 100# test line on them.

5. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    iv seen ozark snagglers before and i think they are pretty much exclusively for snagging. it would take 1 hell of a fish for you to see a bite on them bad boys.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have one.Model OES 404H 6'6" Line Size 40-80 lbs.with a Mitchell Riptide 4/0 G/L reel spooled with 60 lb.mono.I think like Jerry.It was bought to drag big Cats out of log jams,Big saltwater Drum out of pilings & huge rock jetties with shell,snagging paddle fish in Tenn,and fishing for big Cats in Tide water where you are subject to hook into large Bull Sharks.I got it for my grown grandchildren to use as it would be more than I can now handle.I have yet to see it used.Please let us know how you rig and use them.I will let you know if and when mine get used.peewee-williams

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I took a look at them tues at cabelas and, you better have some big-n-heavy make that mega duty reels and line or it aint gonna bend mutch. those are some stiff rods:lol: :beat_plaster: IF IF i were consistantly catching 80+ #ers id use one. I have a rod about the same size and it doesent see mutch use but id like to break one on a fish just to see what it would take:cool2:

8. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A buddy of mine turned me on to them. He said that there is an underwater culvert in the Ohio River that he has caught some big ones out of and said I would need something that stout to pull one out of there. Took his advice and hope to try it out there soon.