Eagle Claw "King Khale" --- Great hooks!

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Katmaster Jr., Aug 3, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I recently started using these Eagle Claw King Khale hooks in the 10/0 size. These are the BEST hooks I've ever used. I was using Octopus and J's and just wasn't satisfied with them. And I really hated Circle Hooks, I lost fish and didn't hook a lot of fish. Well, I have only lost one fish since I've been using these Khales, and hooked almost all of them that hit good. This hook is just right for Blue Cats and Flatheads, you can hook big baits and still have plenty of the point exposed. I will never switch hooks again. I highly recommend these.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Well Katmaster Jr. I may have to try these hooks out just in a smaller size.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Also, the main reason I started using these are because I heard JW and DH talk about them, so thanks for turning me on to these hooks guys.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Definitely try them, catfish connection has them, I can't seem to find them anywhere else right now. 50 pack is about $20 with shipping.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like my tru-turn hooks a lot but I am always willing to try something new.

6. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i know a lot of people who swear by khale hooks but i dont like them i like mustad hooks and thats about all i use. there hoodlum short shank or straight octopus never lost a fish cant hook one with a khale though maybe im just not smart enough though

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I wouldn't trade my king kahles for anything, I really like them use mostly 10/0 but have some 8/0 for channel cats.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man, once you use those things you're hooked :)big_smile: ) on them for good.

I might try those 8/0's for my Channel Cat fishing next Spring.

9. bigred

bigred New Member

State:
    indiana
    i just got a hundred of them last week. i love them

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    What size, and where did you get yours from?

I'm still trying to find other places that sell them, I will look in Bass pro next time I'm there.

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    While I still use circle hooks and have become very accustomed to them I have been useing the Eagle claw 7/0 Kahle hooks as well.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I told you, you wold like them Zakk!!! A kahle hook can replace every hook in your tackle box!!!

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, you were right man. When I went saltwater fishing I even used Khales for that and they did great, I caught more fish then anyone else around me when I went on the Saltwater head Boat in Florida, they were using little octopus type hooks and I was using 4/0 Eagle Claw Khales. I can't wait to try these king khales for Shark fishing next summer.

14. Cody

Cody New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    I use gamakatsu octopus circles but have been thinking about trying some
    kahles. What would be a good size to use on channel cats.

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Hey Zakk When You're Ready To Come To FL, Let Me Know, We'll Take You Out Both Salt & Freshwater

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would recomend you use 4/0 to 7/0 for channels, depending on the bait you are using. A channel cats mouth is smaller than a blue or a flathead, so it only makes sense to use a smaller hook.

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Its nice to see another light bulb go off:smile2: . The eagle claw kahles are the best hook out there in my opinion. I keep 5/0 through 10/0 in the box. These hooks will put fish in the boat.

18. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Well I've used them here and there for years but not often. I always liked my C hooks so used them most. After losing a few nice fish I know I should had hooked well,I now find myself reaching for my K hooks more often now.

19. Cliffcat

Cliffcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree. I bought a box of the 10/0 from Catfish Connection last year and have been sold ever since. Even small to medium sized channel's (22 inches) have no trouble sucking down a 10/0 (with live 'gill under a bobber). I've never worried about hook failure when using this hook. They are a good hook indeed.

Ralph

20. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Around here the Kahle hook is referred to as a Flounder hook. They are used regularly for Weakfish and Flounder.