Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do yall think of the cat claw rods? I bought one for 25 bucks a few months ago and and I CAN" t say nothing but good things about them rods... I aint hooked up on no hogs with it yet , but I DID catch a snapping turtle that weighted about 20 plus pounds and I snagged and pulled in a water logged piece of carpet that probably weight 40 + pounds and that old yellow rod pulled that turtle and carpet in with no problems.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have a 10 ft catclaw that is 10 years old , It is still going strong.They are a good rod for the price .

·
Registered
835 Posts
i don't know if you have an academy sports and outdoors in oklahoma, but they have them for 19.95. i use them and like them. i have the 8' catclaw and can cast a long way with it. i use it in saltwater, so it is an all purpose rod for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my cat claw . Its a 12' I've been abusing for years . Normally I gotta buy a new rod every year as a back up but still the same cat claw . I've broke rods all the way up to $100 and even them shakespeare sissy stiks . Gotta nice soft tip and tons of backbone . Just when I think I've got the rod maxxed out it gives even more and its about a 10 year old rod . If anyone here has fished Oologah dam when the waters near the parking lot then they know how tough a rod I need . But does anyone know if they ever made any longer than 12' ? I want one enough to drool . 5 star rod hands down and casts a mile

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I have two of the old white Catclaws,Been fishing with them 16 yrs and no problems yet,except for one loose eye wrap,which I redid.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Like reload, I've been bragging about the Eagle Claw rods on/off for awhile now. I don't have the same type as your talking about , I have the Granger Ocean2-505. But I cant say, for $26 its a heck of a rod. Its a 7' rod but slightly heavier the the comparable 7'-m/h Ugly cats.

I've put them to the test with plenty on 30#-40# range fish...with no problem what so ever. IMO,,,,,they make a lot of good rods at a exceptionally good price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.