Eagle 480

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by miichael, Nov 30, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  2. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The reason I'm asking is because the fish mark says its got a 200 kHz Skimmer transducer and the seafinder says 50/200 kHz Skimmer dual-frequency transducer. Not sure what the difference is in the kHz but i want to get the best one that will give me best performance.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got the 480 dual......had it about 5-6 months.....It is a good quality finder i have no complaints at all.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You probably don't need the dual frequency, unless you fish some really deep water. The extra power is nice to have, but you need to know what the output is on the 200mhz setting. Sometimes they put out more power on the low frequency than on the high. You may also find that the 200mhz transducer cone angle is smaller on the dual freq. unit.
    I've got a fishmark 480, and it has done an outstanding job for the money, lots of detail, and shows a lot of structure and fish arches. I've upgraded to a lowrance lms337c, but still use the eagle on my smaller boat.
    It's a hard question to answer. If you go to the eagle website you can probably get enough info to help make the choice.

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've ran the Fishmark 480 for almost two years now, and it is a great unit for the money. I'm thinking of upgrading to a unit with GPS for next year though. Still undecided if I'm going with Eagle or upgrading to Lowrance. If you're fishing in fresh water, I don't think you'd need the dual frequency
    transducer.

6. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If both units are same amount of money which would you get? Go ahead and get dual or pay same for the single. Fishmark is 199.99 and found seafinder for 205.99 so not much different in price.