E-Mail Job Interview

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    As I set here pondering the deep thoughts of all that is going on in the B.O.C. I am also working on finding another job.

As I type this I am in negotiations with another company on salary requirements..... we started this last week sometimes. The ELECTRONIC AGE you gotta love it....

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gary; i hope everything works out for you on the interview an the pay ,an as far as figguring out everything going on in the B.O.C. ,GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE :wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary I hope you make the right decision with the most benefits for you. Good Luck.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Gary, best of luck and much success with your new endeavor. Stay safe and best wishes for the upcoming Holidays!!!:wink:

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    UPDATE:

Talks have stalled....

Gave him the salary I wanted and he came back with the "We cant offer that". "Do you have Salary Options"?

I came back with this. "What are you willing to pay, and what other options are there"

So that is where I stand as of now...

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sounds like a good reply, as I understand it the first one to make an offer usually loses in negotiations. I usually go rock bottom and still have people question my prices.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Talks broke down when they wouldnt meet my price. Apparently they were fishing on what it would take to get a communications technician out here. I gave him the low down on what he could get for the price he was wanting.

There are 2 types of contractors out here, ones that travel all over the place (ME) and the ones who the only time they see outside the wire is when they go to the airport. He wanted the first, and only wanted to pay for the 2nd.

The good thing is I left negotiations open for a future job, so if something happens to this job, then I have something to fall back on.