E-Bay Information

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gordhawk, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone know how I can contact ebay? I purchased a subscription to In-Fisherman magazine on ebay,and have not received a copy of the magazine yet! Any help I can get on this problem would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention,I purchased this magazine on March 1,2007.

2. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Glenn. I sell a bunch on ebay, and if I have a question I have to email them. You need to log on, go the HELP section, very top left, click help then, contact us, on the list, and answer some questions. It is a hassle but you will hear back from them withen 24 hours. You can also log a complaint for item not received in that same forum.

No phone #, all by email. I hate that part. Hope this helps.

Flint

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm not trying to be a smart butt or anything but why would anyone buy a subscription to In-Fisherman or any magazine on Ebay.:roll_eyes:

i am wondering if it was a bidding item or did In-Fisherman just have an add?

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Gordhawk - I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I bought a subscription to In-Fisherman on E-Bay for cheap like $7.99. Well like 4 months went by without receiving a magazine so I contacted the seller and raised hell and they refunded my money and quess what? I ended up getting the mag anyway for free for a year! Now I just renew through the offers found in the magazine!

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don't expect Feebay to do much. That's why I quit selling/buying there about 10 years ago. All they want is your $$. I had a "problem", contacted them, and they said "we don't know if that was the case or not". I had the proof in my hand, but they didn't care, so I told them "bye" (in slightly different words).

Good Luck!
    Smitty

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I have to agree with Smitty. I have had no good experiences with EBay, and refuse to do business with them.

Good luck. From the way Pennsylvaniacatchaser talks, you just might be in luck.

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the information. I got ahold of some live help through their chat room. I didn't get any satisfaction from them as their records only go back 6 weeks,and this has been over 5 months. I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to a bad experience.:angry:

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The reason I bought this subscription on Ebay was it seemed like a good deal at the time. Where else can you get a 2 yr. subscription for $6.99? The way it has turned out it wasn't a good deal at all. No this was not a bidding item,it was a buy now item. I'm just glad it wasn't any more than it was. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a bad experience!! I doubt if I was the only one that got took on that deal. Wouldn't you have ordered it if you had known about it?

9. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Have you contacted the seller? Did you pay via PayPal?

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm glad it was only $6.99. Hope you get your magazine someday.
    I seldom order anything off internet, never have from ebay but have sold a few things years ago. That's just me.

Good luck.

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've been trying to contact them,but so far have not been able to come up with any contact information. I paid with my Visa card.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be sure to give the seller some positive feedback...

13. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    If you paid with a Visa, you have the option of disputing the charge.

Visa will file a chargeback against the merchant. Should the merchant fail to adequately prove that you got the product, or fail to respond, then you will not only get your money back but the merchant will get a "strike" against them. Enough of those strikes and their merchant account will either be suspended or their fees will increase exponentially.

14. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    you mean give the seller negative feedback lol
    i had a fake email sent to me that said it was from ebay but you could tell it wasnt i contacted ebay and they took care of the problem,the email i got said that i supposedly sold them an item and havent sent it yet, asking if they needed to get the police in on it lol so i found out they USED to be with ebay but ebay cancelled their right to sell to customers for some reason lol could it be trying to rip off innocent people? hmmm lol
    well the problem is solved now and hopefully the authorities that be have pimpslapped the butt hole back to where he lost reality lol :tounge_out::roll_eyes::angry::confused2::big_smile:

15. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    In light of some of the negative experiences in question, I've purchased several items from eBay and have had very few problems. I do agree though that problems are possible. Then again, you can find some pretty amazing deals, too. Here's a few off the top of my head:

80 Eagle Claw 8/0 Octopus hooks -- $9.50 delivered
    12' Daiwa Beefstick Surf Rod -- $34.00 delivered
    200 1 1/2" glow sticks (for slip float at night) -- $9.00

16. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's more times the seller who gets "jerked" by Feebay, not the buyer. If a buyer gets taken, it's usually by a dishonest seller.

Smitty

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

I agree. I've got lots of stuff from e-bay and to this day have never had any trouble at all. One thing about e-bay is you need to watch where the item is sold from. I only buy from seller in the U.S. NO matter how good of a deal if they do not have a U.S. address I don't buy from them. I contact all sellers and get a city,state & street address before bidding and tell them they will be paid by Money order. If they don't want to give an address or try to give me a P.O. box I won't bid on the item. I do this all by way of the e-bay message system so I have a record of all info incase I need it later. Check their feedback if they have ever low numbers of feedback NO BIDDING from me,if they have a good feedback record and give me an address then I bid. I also keep this in mind when dealing with anyone new on e-bay - NEVER bid more then I can aford to loose. That way if things go bad and I get screwed on a deal I haven't lost so much that it's gonna hurt me to bad. Keeping those things in mind and knowing it's a chance I take when dealing with anyone that sells online,I feel if I get taken on a deal I knew my chances before hand.

18. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A couple other "tips" for those who haven't bought much there. Know the shipping 1st. Many sellers inflate shipping (and add "handling") costs to add to their profit.

Also, feedback can be "padded" by a dishonest sellers friends, or from alias usernames there. There was a woman there who'd scammed a few trappers, took their payment, and never supplied any product.

Price your item local, by the time you pay the bid, add S&H, you might be able to add a couple bucks to it & remove the doubt of any "problem" by buying local, or ordering from a reputable online store.

Smitty

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Yes they will sometimes try to nail you with S & H. I forgot to mention some of the tricks some will play with S & H.. As well as know what your bidding on and how much it's worth after adding in S & H charges. Now that I've got stuff from a good bit of sellers,those are the ones I watch and buy most of my stuff from.

20. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks to each and everyone who contributed to this thread. I think I will just notify Visa of what has happened,since that's how I paid for the subscription,and see if they can't help me out. I'm just glad it wasn't more expensive. I'll let everyone know what I find out from Visa.
    Glenn